Author Topic: SAAC is not living up to it's purpose  (Read 24411 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: SAAC is not living up to it's purpose
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
+ 1

If this isn't the primary reason for the forum, then what is?

The primary reason for the Forum, as stated in my post, is to provide a community for like-minded friends that want to talk, ask, listen or just hang out together.
The subforums try and give a "room" for any interest... specific, general, social or just for fun

To ANYONE who doesn't appreciate the above statement , you DO NOT HAVE to come here ! YOU have the choice I guarantee you. MANY of us enjoy it here and use it AS STATED above. Sure sometimes we have to endure an occasional clash of EGOs but "I" feel some of that is due to the medium we communicate with on ANY forum. I have met MANY of the people  on this forum in person and am able to "filter" responses based on having met them face to face. Changed? Yes I see more clashes among members than before the crash. If a person goes to a forum intent on changing it to what THEY want , "I" suggest they start their own.
 "I" for one am VERY thankful Ron has provided this opportunity for anyone ( even non owners) to enjoy. From the looks above this post , others agree.
    Randy Gillis
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »
+ 1

The primary reason for the Forum, as stated in my post, is to provide a community for like-minded friends that want to talk, ask, listen or just hang out together.
The subforums try and give a "room" for any interest... specific, general, social or just for fun

To ANYONE who doesn't appreciate the above statement , you DO NOT HAVE to come here ! YOU have the choice I guarantee you. MANY of us enjoy it here and use it AS STATED above. Sure sometimes we have to endure an occasional clash of EGOs but "I" feel some of that is due to the medium we communicate with on ANY forum. I have met MANY of the people  on this forum in person and am able to "filter" responses based on having met them face to face. Changed? Yes I see more clashes among members than before the crash. If a person goes to a forum intent on changing it to what THEY want , "I" suggest they start their own.
 "I" for one am VERY thankful Ron has provided this opportunity for anyone ( even non owners) to enjoy. From the looks above this post , others agree.
    Randy Gillis

+1
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2020, 05:19:15 PM »

Good to see you Ron.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2020, 05:20:13 PM »
You guys want to focus on that one post for some reason so it's worth noting that nobody answered a relatively straightforward question after three days. I think that's telling but it's no big deal. This topic isn't about that one post as I said before. The "purists" know who they are and they know what I'm talking about. I hope things improve but the ones who don't like tribute cars will probably be even less likely to respond now that I raised the issue so there's no winning this debate. I just wanted to raise the issue in hopes that those involved would give it some thought. Others before me have raised the same issue. This is a great forum and I hope it gets even better. We all have much more in common than we have that divides us so let's focus on that.

Nothing is perfect.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
I stumbled across this post and I have a couple of observation for you to contemplate.

Why are you obsessed with gathering correct parts for a car that is not real?

Do you understand that this forum and the registry is about the preservation and history of  Shelby vehicles?

I personally would much rather have a really nice Mustang then a fake Shelby.   
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2020, 11:19:08 AM »
Too each his own.
I have a friend who is Shelby owner, and whenever anyone was working on a Mustang, he would always refer to the Mustang as "that" or "its good enough, for that"
Sounds degrading to me.
RARE  Signature Delete

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2020, 11:23:30 AM »
Too each his own.
I have a friend who is Shelby owner, and whenever anyone was working on a Mustang, he would always refer to the Mustang as "that" or "its good enough, for that"
Sounds degrading to me.

Looking for correct parts for a fake is the definition of an oxymoron.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2020, 12:09:17 PM »
It boils down to cost, when something is copied it is a form of flatery. A simple observation of lets use jewelry as an example, Millions of cubic zirconias have been sold simply because of cost ,they look and feel like the real thing but are not. Trying to look the part can be just as rewarding for the car crowd if you can't pull it off financially. Enjoy the DIAMONDS... SHELBYS... or ZIRCONIAS its all about the enjoyment! Be safe out there.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2020, 12:26:48 PM »
It boils down to cost, when something is copied it is a form of flatery. A simple observation of lets use jewelry as an example, Millions of cubic zirconias have been sold simply because of cost ,they look and feel like the real thing but are not. Trying to look the part can be just as rewarding for the car crowd if you can't pull it off financially. Enjoy the DIAMONDS... SHELBYS... or ZIRCONIAS its all about the enjoyment! Be safe out there.

The outfit made for "Zirconias"

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2020, 05:03:31 PM »
Isn't that Huggy Bear on Stasky & Hutch  ;D

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »
Isn't that Huggy Bear on Stasky & Hutch  ;D

I think you are right
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2020, 08:48:14 PM »
Certainly is.
Was hoping to see the heels with the goldfish.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2020, 08:53:57 PM »
Mr. Antonio Fargas.....

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2020, 10:23:06 PM »
Certainly is.
Was hoping to see the heels with the goldfish.

As you wish...…

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2020, 11:15:56 PM »

The outfit made for "Zirconias"
        WHAT TIME IS IT!!!  Its FLAVA FLAV time. Last seen driving a fake COBRA down into south central L.A. Its all good we love fake cobras also. The most copied kit car on the planet! ;D