News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Who has a vintage ad for their car?

Started by Side-Oilers, March 06, 2018, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on March 07, 2018, 03:04:41 PM
Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 07, 2018, 01:59:56 PM
I absolutely LOVE this stuff!

Below is the sales add for my 1967 Shelby GT350 (car #0022) from May 1973.  This is the add that the previous owner saw right before purchasing my car.  He ended up owning the car for almost 43 years prior to my purchase.

It's hard to see, but the price is "firm" at $1,600; however, the previous owner got it for $1,200.  An extremely wise investment in hindsight!

Ruben,

$1200?  You didn't pay much more than that did you?  No wait, I forgot a few zeros. ;D

LOL! 

It's funny.  I have that newspaper add pictured on a display board for car shows, and the second most asked question (other than "why did you put those red lights in the upper scoops???") is, "...you didn't pay $1,200 for this...did you?"

Ohhhhhhhhh, if only I had!  Again, let's just say that the previous owner did very well in selling his car.  And, of course, it was well bought.   ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

Fast Fords

I have a newspaper ad for my car that a fellow member sent me. This ad was placed by the original owner. He must not have sold the '67 GT500 as it was traded in and I bought it from the guy who bought it from the dealership shortly after this ad was placed.
Notice the 2 65 GT 350's also in the ad. All three cars have there black plates listed which is how mine was identified.....Greg.

gt350cs

66shelbyNZ

Thank you for posting the advertisements. I was able to find one additional plate number that I did not have from your posting. Hopefully  more will come along. Perhaps someone will see something in the ads that will apply to their own cars.

Thanks again,

Dennis

deathsled

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 07, 2018, 01:59:56 PM
I absolutely LOVE this stuff!

Below is the sales add for my 1967 Shelby GT350 (car #0022) from May 1973.  This is the add that the previous owner saw right before purchasing my car.  He ended up owning the car for almost 43 years prior to my purchase.

It's hard to see, but the price is "firm" at $1,600; however, the previous owner got it for $1,200.  An extremely wise investment in hindsight!

I have a special phone that can call into the past.  Calling that number right now!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

kjspeed

Quote from: Fast Fords on March 07, 2018, 04:40:13 PM
I have a newspaper ad for my car that a fellow member sent me. This ad was placed by the original owner. He must not have sold the '67 GT500 as it was traded in and I bought it from the guy who bought it from the dealership shortly after this ad was placed.
Notice the 2 65 GT 350's also in the ad. All three cars have there black plates listed which is how mine was identified.....Greg.

Ad #1 - selling a 65 Shelby for $2,250 cash is such a crazy thought in 2018, but trading for a VW & cash is insane!  :o
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

deathsled

Quote from: kjspeed on March 09, 2018, 01:24:43 PM
Quote from: Fast Fords on March 07, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

Ad #1 - selling a 65 Shelby for $2,250 cash is such a crazy thought in 2018, but trading for a VW & cash is insane!  :o
Indisputable.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Agreed completely, but have you seen what 23-window VW Buses are going for these days? 
Talk about insane!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

GT350DAVE

This is an add for #2206 by the first owner, listed in Road and Track, December 1970 issue.
Support the SAAC Registry

gt350shelb

anyone else find an add for their car  from back in the day ?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

FL SAAC

wow, so fortunate those that have found these old adds
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: kjspeed on March 09, 2018, 01:24:43 PMAd #1 - selling a 65 Shelby for $2,250 cash is such a crazy thought in 2018, but trading for a VW & cash is insane!  :o
Swapping cars and/or parts with a little bit of cash was a way of life in the 60s and most of the 70s. We were a bunch of kids with low wage part time jobs spending most of our time going to school.

In 1975 6S843 was offered for $800 in the local weekly throw away free ad paper. I swapped the guy a 68 Tbird (a guy gave me for putting a water pump in his 62) and the $140 he needed to keep his motorcycle from being repoed. 

BTW - I traded my $600 1954 Corvette for a 2 year old VW Bug in 1968 because the trans died and I needed a car to get to college.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

aboss4tg

These are a few adds I have that show my car for sale. The first add was from a used car lot in the Miami area, not sure of the date line but the sale price was $15,500.00. Wish I bought the car then.

The other add is from Orlando Mustang in 2007 from their web site and I purchased the car from them in early 2008.

May not be the vintage adds others show but gives me a timeline on a little history on my car.

69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

FL SAAC

Quote from: aboss4tg on June 29, 2023, 05:51:42 PM
These are a few adds I have that show my car for sale. The first add was from a used car lot in the Miami area, not sure of the date line but the sale price was $15,500.00. Wish I bought the car then.

The other add is from Orlando Mustang in 2007 from their web site and I purchased the car from them in early 2008.

May not be the vintage adds others show but gives me a timeline on a little history on my car.

Very kool

I have all UNGOLD cars

Corey Bowcutt

This was an add posted on a bulletin board somewhere in Vancouver BC.  This was the add the PO I purchased the car from found when he purchased the car.  It is complete with a Polaroid photo showing it was painted black for some portion of its life.

Corey

I tried to rotate it and failed miserably :-\

FL SAAC

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on June 30, 2023, 09:23:06 AM
This was an add posted on a bulletin board somewhere in Vancouver BC.  This was the add the PO I purchased the car from found when he purchased the car.  It is complete with a Polaroid photo showing it was painted black for some portion of its life.

Corey

I tried to rotate it and failed miserably :-\

No problema amigo, the rotating jeannie has granted your wish

"Rotating pictures since 1999"

I have all UNGOLD cars