News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Why become a SAAC member?

Started by Boxerville's Manor, March 31, 2020, 12:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickmustang

That pic looks like it's in the lobby of the Tulsa Marriott?
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Shelby_r_b

Don - was your car at MCACN year before last?  If so, I saw it there - VERY nice!
Nothing beats a classic!

68blk500c

Yes, the picture was in the hotel lobby at Tulsa, 2019.  It is A/C and auto. 

Thank you Pete for your endorsement based upon our track record:

Heritage Elite Gold, 44th Mid-America Ford & Shelby Nationals, Tulsa, OK June 2018;
Thoroughbred Gold, MCA National Lincoln, NE July 2018;
Division I Premiere Award, SAAC-43 Sonoma, CA August 2018;
MCACN Pinnacle Gold Award-Division I, Chicago, IL November 2018;
Concours Gold, Indiana SAAC-42 May 2019
Judges Choice Award, Indiana SAAC-42 May 2019.

No other 1968 Shelby has achieved this level of recognition.  Our SAAC-43 Premiere Award is the first time that has achieved in twenty-five years.  Our gratitude to the gang at Billups Classic Cars, as well as ALL of you that helped us in so many ways!!

Thank you for allowing me this pride.  Don

nate

Quote from: 68blk500c on April 02, 2020, 10:34:57 AM

Thank you Pete for your endorsement based upon our track record:

Heritage Elite Gold, 44th Mid-America Ford & Shelby Nationals, Tulsa, OK June 2018;
Thoroughbred Gold, MCA National Lincoln, NE July 2018;
Division I Premiere Award, SAAC-43 Sonoma, CA August 2018;
MCACN Pinnacle Gold Award-Division I, Chicago, IL November 2018;
Concours Gold, Indiana SAAC-42 May 2019
Judges Choice Award, Indiana SAAC-42 May 2019.

No other 1968 Shelby has achieved this level of recognition.  Our SAAC-43 Premiere Award is the first time that has achieved in twenty-five years.  Our gratitude to the gang at Billups Classic Cars, as well as ALL of you that helped us in so many ways!!

It gets no better! Hell of a car Don!

68blk500c

So, back to the topic---it is about these special cars, the people that enjoy them, plus the enormous body of knowledge, documentation, parts and events;
why wouldn't you join?
you probably spend the same amount for one night out for dinner and beverages for two, as for a year's membership.

I just wish we still got a yearly dash plaque... :'( LOL

QuickSilverShelby

Thanks for the info Don. Wowza!  You car is a unicorn!  Just an amazing piece.  Thanks for sharing it.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

GT350AUS

Yes!!!

Definitely become a member. Plenty of great people on the forum and great exchanges of information and light hearted moments.

I'm in Australia and have been a member since 2010 when I bought my first 66 Hertz and now having added a KR. The depth of knowledge has been great since little information is known here down under, and added to that it costs me more annually than you guys due to a crappy exchange rate it I still find it a great membership.

Go for it.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 557 on April 02, 2020, 06:10:21 PM
I just wish we still got a yearly dash plaque... :'( LOL

+++++++++++1!
Nothing beats a classic!

68blk500c

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on April 02, 2020, 09:40:18 PM

Thanks for the info Don. Wowza!  You car is a unicorn!  Just an amazing piece.  Thanks for sharing it.

QSS

According to Marti Report, it is 1 of 4 identically equipped.  Thanks.

Special Ed

Dons Shelby has eyeballs as they say that black with white stripes and white top awesome. So don now that u got your car done u can come to Indiana now and help me on some of my cars since I just turned 65 and want to work on my cars as we got room in our shop now after getting 4 customers  cars out of shop in last year. Don u can stay upstairs now 2 finished bedrooms are no longer (stairway to heaven as some people called it) parts department since donna moved all my upstairs best parts in the basement garage when I was gone on some long trips.

68blk500c

Quote from: Special Ed on April 03, 2020, 12:22:31 PM
Dons Shelby has eyeballs as they say that black with white stripes and white top awesome. So don now that u got your car done u can come to Indiana now and help me on some of my cars since I just turned 65 and want to work on my cars as we got room in our shop now after getting 4 customers  cars out of shop in last year. Don u can stay upstairs now 2 finished bedrooms are no longer (stairway to heaven as some people called it) parts department since donna moved all my upstairs best parts in the basement garage when I was gone on some long trips.

I've been up that stairway to heaven; oh my!  Congratulations on the BIG 65; join the club.

That, sir, is a tempting invitation; I did learn a tremendous amount during the black '69 prototype convertible project with Jason, but I'm not sure I learned that much.  You get started and we'll see about it.