News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 Fastback Parking Brake Cable Bracket Finish

Started by Jim Herrud, March 31, 2020, 04:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Herrud

I posted this on the ConcoursMustang forum. Thought I might try it here as well:

I'm working on the parking brake system of a 1965 Fastback (Feb '65, C-code, San Jose). What is the original finish on the cable brackets? On mine, the first two brackets (moving downstream from the grab handle) appear to have a natural finish – no coating of any kind that I can see. According to the Shop Manual, these two brackets are the "Insulator Bracket" on the lower firewall where the cable comes through the firewall (couldn't find a Ford p/n) and the "Bracket" on the transmission hoop (Ford p/n 2A610). The rest of the brackets farther back seem like they were painted black, though most of the paint is now missing. Is this correct?
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Jim Herrud on March 31, 2020, 04:26:00 PM
............... The rest of the brackets farther back seem like they were painted black, though most of the paint is now missing. Is this correct?

As posted on the other site. Have found these both painted and unpainted on San Jose cars.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CharlesTurner

The brackets on the inside frame rails should be black, the outer ones are natural.  Both with zinc plated fasteners.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge