Author Topic: CJ Pony exits Mustang parts  (Read 1942 times)

Bigblock

• View Profile
CJ Pony exits Mustang parts
« on: April 01, 2020, 02:19:31 PM »
Received a video today about CJs not continuing with Stang parts, on to Jeep and off road. The sources are dwindling.

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: CJ Pony exits Mustang parts
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 02:21:17 PM »
https://youtu.be/znA-Yjbo2_8

I smell April Fools.....

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »
I was bummed out after seeing the video and then read the very end and saw it was a joke. I'm glad another mustang source didn't bite the dust.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:39:34 PM »
If it is a joke, I would say not the greatest business move. Especially with the recent shutdown of Mustangs Unlimited and, as enthusiasts, our questions as to the health of our hobby.
Jon

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »
I was bummed out after seeing the video and then read the very end and saw it was a joke. I'm glad another mustang source didn't bite the dust.
+1

If it is a joke, I would say not the greatest business move. Especially with the recent shutdown of Mustangs Unlimited and, as enthusiasts, our questions as to the health of our hobby.
Jon

+1
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 04:14:30 PM »
Jon

+2

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 04:37:40 PM »
Not a good business statement or decision on 04/01 if it's a joke

Jon
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
I do not buy from them anymore after so many inferior parts being sent to me. Bumpers that had mounting holes in the wrong spot, parts that were not correct, bent rims. They would not take them back without me paying shipping.
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 06:17:14 PM »
They could have sold the con if they said mods and parts for the new Bronco. Jeeps don't need "pony" parts.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 08:40:07 PM »
I do not buy from them anymore after so many inferior parts being sent to me. Bumpers that had mounting holes in the wrong spot, parts that were not correct, bent rims. They would not take them back without me paying shipping.
+1 .I never have bought and never will unless they are the last man standing and no other choice. They constantly cause me grief. People overwhelmingly tell me that is who they got parts from after having to point out the inferior parts .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »
     "Non conforming" offshore parts are never "scrapped" they are simply sold at a cheaper price and there is always someone looking to pay less. When you try to use it and it doesn't fit is when you feel the impact in your posterior. Some day we may return to "Made in the USA" and be glad it is.
    Making a joke about business operation is not a wise thing at the moment , especially on the internet. Here where I work we are sending out post cards saying "We are open" while others in my industry are closing momentarily or in some cases for good. We are busier than ever.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.