News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

CJ Pony exits Mustang parts

Started by Bigblock, April 01, 2020, 02:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigblock

Received a video today about CJs not continuing with Stang parts, on to Jeep and off road. The sources are dwindling.

silverton_ford

cboss70

I was bummed out after seeing the video and then read the very end and saw it was a joke. I'm glad another mustang source didn't bite the dust.

If it is a joke, I would say not the greatest business move. Especially with the recent shutdown of Mustangs Unlimited and, as enthusiasts, our questions as to the health of our hobby.
Jon

JD

Quote from: cboss70 on April 01, 2020, 02:38:17 PM
I was bummed out after seeing the video and then read the very end and saw it was a joke. I'm glad another mustang source didn't bite the dust.
+1

Quote from: 1175 on April 01, 2020, 02:39:34 PM
If it is a joke, I would say not the greatest business move. Especially with the recent shutdown of Mustangs Unlimited and, as enthusiasts, our questions as to the health of our hobby.
Jon

+1
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Jon

+2

FL SAAC

Not a good business statement or decision on 04/01 if it's a joke

Jon
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

I do not buy from them anymore after so many inferior parts being sent to me. Bumpers that had mounting holes in the wrong spot, parts that were not correct, bent rims. They would not take them back without me paying shipping.
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

They could have sold the con if they said mods and parts for the new Bronco. Jeeps don't need "pony" parts.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 01, 2020, 06:01:38 PM
I do not buy from them anymore after so many inferior parts being sent to me. Bumpers that had mounting holes in the wrong spot, parts that were not correct, bent rims. They would not take them back without me paying shipping.
+1 .I never have bought and never will unless they are the last man standing and no other choice. They constantly cause me grief. People overwhelmingly tell me that is who they got parts from after having to point out the inferior parts .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

"Non conforming" offshore parts are never "scrapped" they are simply sold at a cheaper price and there is always someone looking to pay less. When you try to use it and it doesn't fit is when you feel the impact in your posterior. Some day we may return to "Made in the USA" and be glad it is.
    Making a joke about business operation is not a wise thing at the moment , especially on the internet. Here where I work we are sending out post cards saying "We are open" while others in my industry are closing momentarily or in some cases for good. We are busier than ever.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.