News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

WTB 69 clutch pedal w/spring and bracket to support (FOUND)

Started by PR, April 03, 2020, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR

Let me know what you have, looking for ford parts, thanks
Rudo9@comcast.net

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

PR

I never heard that before Pete, 351w, SB, they go through the same firewall hole, can't be that different

Coralsnake

PR

Ok, that is a 70, brake pedel bolt center line to center of brake pin is 5 1/2", 69's are 6", clutch pedel should be the same, if the spring tension is different I don't think it will affect functionality ,green/ black makes no difference to me,once installed I won't be looking at it

The Going Thing

I am not sure this is the case with 69/70, but 67-8 use a different over-center spring depending on small block/big block application.

PR

I think Pete is right, my 70 Mach 1 351 car has a black spring, not green,green= big block I would imagine

The Going Thing

That would make sense. The spring for my 67 Shelby is white. The small block is black.  I am unfamiliar with the 69/70 clutch pedal support.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: PR on April 04, 2020, 12:40:31 AM
I think Pete is right, my 70 Mach 1 351 car has a black spring, not green,green= big block I would imagine
FYI the color denotes diameter and or number of coils typically in the case of these clutch springs.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I believe the one you need is actually brown? The black springs are aftermarket.

The point of the picture was to make sure we were talking sbout the same spring. I understand the application is different