News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

It seems the fear of death makes one live life

Started by deathsled, April 03, 2020, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I saw this driving home from the office. Good to see some people getting a little pleasure out of their rides.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
M.A.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

The Going Thing

I am going stir-crazy as well. I can't go out to eat, can go out with someone.  The negativity and hopelessness of some weighs heavy on me as well as the lost souls.
I guess getting out and rowing through the gears has a distracting effect on what may loom.
I have even started writing some poetry.   I'm spending time as weather permits in my blue and white striped bubble.
Sunset Thursday night was stunning. I pray for normality. I miss being in the air.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

The Going Thing

Quote from: 557 on April 07, 2020, 01:45:24 PM
This too will pass.

Yeah, that's what I said post making the mistake of choosing Taco Bell for dinner. ;D

Quote from: The Going Thing on April 07, 2020, 05:05:26 PM
This too will pass.

Yeah, that's what I said post making the mistake of choosing Taco Bell for dinner. ;D
.  That place took a serious nosedive when they discontinued the Bellbeefer (about 20 years ago).....I feel your pain...

The Going Thing

Quote from: 557 on April 07, 2020, 05:37:11 PM
Quote from: The Going Thing on April 07, 2020, 05:05:26 PM
This too will pass.

.  That place took a serious nosedive when they discontinued the Bellbeefer (about 20 years ago).....I feel your pain...

Being you're a So Ca guy too I get in the mood for certain foods I grew up with. Tommy's Burgers, Del Taco, JJ's, Frisco Burger, Pup n' Taco, Der Wienerschnitzel, The Elephant Room, Marie Callendar's.... It's kind of like being in NYC. So many different varieties.
Because I know what real Mexican food is I know Tex-Mex isn't it. One of my favorite places to eat breakfast was at Flo's at Chino Airport. 
It was a weekend staple for me because I spent Saturday, even Sunday working at the museum or flying.
I have decided that when this mess is over I'm going to non-rev out to Ontario and go have breakfast and see if there's anyone to catch up with.
I've been gone 18 years now. I know many of the WWII veterans that also were involved there have passed on.
I don't miss the 91 parking lot, that's for sure.  When I bought my house out that way there was still orange groves. You could smell the blossums in the morning. It's a sea of houses now.

Krelboyne

JJ's, Frisco Burgers, the Original Tommy's on Rampart, Flo's #1 and #2 in Chino. Eaten at all of them many times.
Thanks for the memories Keith.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

deathsled

The Going Thing

Quote from: deathsled on April 07, 2020, 10:35:06 PM
Quote from: honker on April 07, 2020, 10:35:06 AM
;)
I particularly enjoyed that.  Thank you!
I am likely going to bid domestic routes when this returns to some normality. I love Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Numero Uno here I come!
I am over-due for the Museum of Science and Industry. I will be making that run too.

deathsled

I'd be happy to show you around the old deserted city.  Museum of Science and Industry is shut tight for now.  They have a good display of extremely rare aircraft.  A Spitfire and one of two surviving Stukas.  Want to fly that Stuka, man.  The spats are missing as it did service in the Afrika campaign.  No license to fly and bad eyesight, the only thing I'll ever fly is a model plane.

The Going Thing

I love history. U505 is there as well as a 707.  I do N scale model railroads. I am a Zephyr fan so I model CB&Q, DRGW and NYC. I know the Pioneer Zephyr was restored a few years back and resides there as well.   That deep dish pizza is nothing like the frozen variety purchased locally.
I love Italian and German food. Another impossibility to find worthy food locally.
You can't tell I'm hungry, can you?  ;D