News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

'69 B429 with 13k miles

Started by propayne, April 04, 2020, 01:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

propayne

Saw this on eBay -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153880225423

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429

- Wimbledon White Fastback
- Boss 429 V8
- 4 Speed Manual

- 13,271 ORIGINAL MILES

Remaining untouched, this complete and stock vehicle was purchased from the original owner in 1981. It was driven 30 miles home and then parked in the garage where it still sets today has not been driven since. The Polyglass tires are still holding air and original paint shines. Please refer to the spec sheet in featured pictures for factory details.
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Bob Gaines

I wonder if the engine has ever been apart?  ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

I don't know but you must admit it has a pretty good hook to it doesn't it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Special Ed

I don't understand why the front rad support is white ? Anybody know the owner? thanks

Bigfoot

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 04, 2020, 03:16:07 PM
I wonder if the engine has ever been apart?  ;)

Looks awefully lite  in the front in a few pics eh...?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Quote from: Special Ed on April 04, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
I don't understand why the front rad support is white ? Anybody know the owner? thanks

At first was thinking just glare but we were talking about that the day before yesterday .
Doesn't add up.
Nobody seems to know the owner
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on April 04, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
Ed,those 65 year old eyes must be playing tricks on you (happy B day BTW ) most likely white colored dust because if it was white paint overspray then that would mean that the description is leaving out a lot of pertainent details .That never happens in any of thees high dollar collector car ads does it? ::)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

propayne

Everybody knows that original owners never change or screw things up.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

pbf777

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 04, 2020, 05:24:47 PM
     that would mean that the description is leaving out a lot of pertainent details .That never happens in any of thees high dollar collector car ads does it? ::)

I remember back in the late seventies there were frequently for sale low mileage BOSS 429s.  Although often with enticing prices (I wish I new then, what I know now!), the only problem was that often they came with a broken or no motor!  It seems back in the day the BOSS 429 engine wasn't an inexpensive proposition down at the Ford Parts Dept, so the mileage count remain low on many an example.       ::)

Not saying that such is true with this particular car, but, if I were a player, this would be one of my concerns needing to be addressed.             ???

Scott.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Bigfoot on April 07, 2020, 02:14:25 PM
$205,400.00
Reserve not met

Feels like the car was bid up, given the final "no sale" price.
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: pbf777 on April 08, 2020, 11:32:40 AM

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 04, 2020, 05:24:47 PM
     that would mean that the description is leaving out a lot of pertainent details .That never happens in any of thees high dollar collector car ads does it? ::)

I remember back in the late seventies there were frequently for sale low mileage BOSS 429s.  Although often with enticing prices (I wish I new then, what I know now!), the only problem was that often they came with a broken or no motor!  It seems back in the day the BOSS 429 engine wasn't an inexpensive proposition down at the Ford Parts Dept, so the mileage count remain low on many an example.       ::)

Not saying that such is true with this particular car, but, if I were a player, this would be one of my concerns needing to be addressed.             ???

Scott.
I never ever heard that before . (meant as sarcasm for those that are not aware) :D

A lot has been fixed in the last 50 years of B9 development;

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/building-a-better-boss

No, this is not a big cubic inch engine. Just imagine if it was.