News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Laguna Seca

Started by deathsled, April 04, 2020, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Some beauty shots. Hanging on to this monster so long as my dad agrees not to sell.  He's not banging the drum so loud these days. We shall see.

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

You aren't shutting down his oxygen flow are you? Is he squeaking and trying to wave at you? I could see a little corruptible perspective possible.

"You only know what you've lost when it's gone".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Lol!  I keep in contact with my dad every day.  I am his only progeny and I'd rather have him around.  He's in Toronto, I'm in Chicago.  Border is closed.  He's all I got other than my son who lives in Germany.  So I'm giving him reports on how to prevent the virus but he's convinced it won't hurt him, that he's healthy and it won't touch him.  He will be 92 on April 10th.  If anything he's spooling things up, driving to the bank to pay bills, going to the dollar store to buy hydrogen peroxide, going to several grocery stores to shop.  He drives himself.  He is totally independent.  He's alert and oriented times three.  He will likely outlive me. 

propayne

Needless to say you are very, very lucky -

And I love those "Laguna Seca" Boss 302 Mustangs. Ford really got that one right IMHO.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

deathsled

Yes and thank you Phillip.  I'm glad my dad's around and I can have a regular conversation with him.  There's no doddering no fumbling for words when he speaks.  He talks like a 50 year old would.  And his memory is phenomenal.  I hope to make it to his age but I have my doubts.  If I catch the bug I think it will give me six feet of distance that I personally do not want.  And yes, the Boss 302 LS is an amazing car.  I have memories tied up in this car driving back to Toronto in it with my dad back in 2018.  And my late best friend driving the 401 highway westbound for a short run.  The last drive together before cancer took him away.  I have had a lot of time to reflect on life losing a number of people in the last three or four years.  It gives perspective.  The six foot distancing is rather ironic in a macabre sort of way.

Best,

Richard E.

The Going Thing

I'm glad you have him. It's hard to watch the decline. Especially when it's sudden. Enjoy it while you can. You can't speak to the dead and get responses.