News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The wonderful world of wheels

Started by 2112, April 05, 2020, 03:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

very cool.
Thanks for posting.

... and I always liked Sea Hunt as well  ;D who knew that he was a car guy?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

finished watching that today, covers a little bit of everything for car nuts  8)
I guess no real surprise that it is good - would Petersen get involved in posting something that wasn't? Some interesting comments as well.

Looks like a young lady at a gymkhana  in a Cobra at around 30:20

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

It was a different time back then. I was just a toddler when all this happened, I grew up hearing the lore and hoping to experience some of that myself.

propayne

For me, that is a priceless piece of film!

Terrific footage of Lloyd Bridges driving the Silhouette (custom car built by Bill Cushenberry) and great footage of Ed Roth (creator of Rat Fink) and his Surfite (designed by one of my favorite artists of all-time Ed Newton and built on a 1962 Mini).

And of course best of all is the awesome footage of Ken Miles and his son Peter and Ken driving the Cobra.

Stick with it, there is more Cobra footage around the 29 minute mark.

At the end, Peterson thanks "Shelby-American Motors".

Great stuff.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Side-Oilers

Great vintage film.  Thanks to my old boss Robert E. Petersen (not Peterson) and his legacy for it.

Lloyd Bridges was pretty cool in this film, but I can't hear his voice without thinking of him in "Airplane."
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

honker

2112, thanks for posting ! cool video.

I thought it was pretty neat to see Ken and his son Peter racing slot cars, couple of screen grabs.

Mike