Author Topic: Concours Lincoln penny?  (Read 6788 times)

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
Re: Concours Lincoln penny?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 04:58:26 PM »
My 69 coupe (small block) been in the family since 1972, found no build sheet, found little under the carpets.  Some change but was probably dropped out of my dad's pocket, moms purse, sisters purse....  The funny one was when I took apart the rear end and there was this small red plastic cap in the gear lube!  I called a buddy who worked for decades for Ford.  Yep, he knew what it was.  When they changed out the lube for filling the rear ends, they often ignored the step to "twist off the plastic cap and discard".  He figured the coupe was on the line when they were changing out the lube and they just shot that cap into the rear end.  Interesting thing was that it wasn't torn up much at all.

Now the 1970 Mach, 428 CJ....Found under the front passenger, a baggie with spare screws, wire clips, a door switch even.  Under the rear seat carpet by the tunnel, a good build sheet, parts of a build sheet under the carpet at drivers seat.  But the funny thing was, well remember 1969 and 1970, when everyone was going to the craft store, buying up these little beads and stringing our own "hippie" beads?  There must have been a few hundred under that back seat.  Now just what do you suppose was going on in the back seat that some hippie beads got busted in the back seat?  I'll wait....LOL
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 07:06:05 PM »
“Workin’ on those night moves” .  ::)

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 07:19:27 PM »
They were "love" beads
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
They were "love" beads
Yep.  Where I was (AZ at the time...and MT where "hippie" was a bad word) they were "hippie" by "the squares" and "Love Beads" by us young-uns. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2020, 08:57:23 PM »
That condom is a cool relic, from back in the days that men had to go to the pharmacist and embarrassingly (or proudly) ask for one.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:16 PM »
In my area u could buy them in mens room of local bar machine that takes quarters (that's what I was told anyway)!

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2020, 02:22:06 AM »
Pulled my passenger seat only to look up in the bolt hole and see this tag wired into the sheetmetal

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »
Pulled my passenger seat only to look up in the bolt hole and see this tag wired into the sheetmetal

Looks like a shipping tag. Best I've made from ones like this and what is printed on them a tag was attached to one of many (likely one on the top layer) arranged for shipping on a pallet or other holder. It identifies the part, number in the shipment and other information for shipping and inventory purposes. They have been found in a number of colors and printed on heavy paper with a thin metal wire to hold it to the part.

Cool find
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CSX2259

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2020, 01:07:18 AM »
I know this topic is old but....

While disassembling CSX2416 for it’s restoration I found a 1964 penny in the bottom of the pedal box.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2020, 10:44:15 AM »
  Lots of pop rivet stems in mine when I pulled the back seat bottom.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2020, 10:53:38 AM »
Found a 68 penny stuck in the sound deadner in the drivers door of 1588

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2020, 12:15:35 PM »
So no pennies when I took part of my interior apart back in the late seventies, but I did find stuffed into the heater box a medicine pill bottle with some organic matter in it and a small alligator clip.  That might explain why the front right side suspension was totally trashed when I bought the car in 1977...
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 02:52:08 PM »
Maybe a concours condom too!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Machine dispensed (gas station) condom under 68 Cougar console. Horse track betting slips under back seat of Mustang. Gas station finds: ball bearings rolling around bottom of Cadillac door, metal can openers welded to bottom of Vega, numerous nuts laying in Cheby air cleaner, written in chalk on bottom of 70s Dodge - F... Dodge.