Author Topic: Concours Lincoln penny?  (Read 6786 times)

Jbarela

• View Profile
Concours Lincoln penny?
« on: April 06, 2020, 01:46:21 AM »
Tearing down my 65 fastback since the shelby is done. Pulled the door glass tonight and low and behold, inside the driverside door in the very corner crevice i found a very nice patina 1964 penny that I am assuming a worker threw in there. So if it left the factory with the penny in the door should I put it back to be concourse correct?  :D

Special Ed

• View Profile
Re: Concours Lincoln penny?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 08:50:54 AM »
I found a 69 quarter by shifter area under carpet of my 69 purple Shelby and have found all sorts of odd things under carpet paper cups etc . A guy told me he had a hump under his carpet and when he removed it there was a smashed pop can in that spot but the best story I got was a guy finding a nickel bag of weed under his carpet!! Ford workers used paper water cups in the plant for workers and they had many slogans wrote on them over the years as I got about 2 different ones from the Dearborn plant worker that ended up in lunchboxes. They had different colors with different writings and the smashed cup I found under my Shelby carpet was the suggestion program says if u had a good idea to help assembly line in any way u got a bonus.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:01:17 AM by Special Ed »

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 09:13:24 AM »
When I restored my 69 Mach SCJ (1986) I removed original interior and found an assortment of Mexican currency and funny looking cigarettes under rear seat/trunk,but best of all was a SECOND headliner installed with access near rear window.....if cars could talk  :P

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 10:27:04 AM »
I have a baggie with the items found in our '68 Shelby tear down, which include coins, hairpins, a comb, a matchbook, and a parking violation citation, plus various nuts and bolts, screws and clips.  Thank God the build sheet survived waded up in a ball stuffed up in a corner to the driver's seat.

The '65 GT tear down in the mid-eighties produced a foil packaged condom slipped under the carpet.

kingchief

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
Maybe a concours condom too!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
SFM 6S406

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 11:41:55 AM »
Useful!!!

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 11:43:28 AM »
Being in the auto repair industry 50+ years I have come across all kinds of stuff when removing seats, carpets, trim panels and upholstery. Now days I mostly find nasty food remains, dried up beverages, hair ties, small toys, pens and some coins. It is very rare that I would find any spare parts from the assembly line in a vehicle built in the last 25 years. Working on vehicles built in the 60's and 70's though yielded a treasure trove of spares parts. All kinds of clips, screws, rivets, nuts, bolts and other miscellaneous small parts were found in almost every vehicle you worked on.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »

Steve

Hope it was not «signed»!

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »
I have a baggie with the items found in our '68 Shelby tear down, which include coins, hairpins, a comb, a matchbook, and a parking violation citation, plus various nuts and bolts, screws and clips.  Thank God the build sheet survived waded up in a ball stuffed up in a corner to the driver's seat.

The '65 GT tear down in the mid-eighties produced a foil packaged condom slipped under the carpet.

That sounds familiar Don. I have a small box of items collected out of my car during tear down. Most are unrelated to the car. Not sure why I still have them.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 04:50:47 PM »
... the smashed cup I found under my Shelby carpet was the suggestion program says if u had a good idea to help assembly line in any way u got a bonus.
My uncle ran the Cleveland engine plant. He got the max award from the program. It was based on a percentage of amount saved in first year. He got 25 grand for suggesting they shouldn't paint under the vinyl tops.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »
Back in 1986 while disassembling the interior of our 69 mach 1, I lifted the original(great condition BTW) carpet and found a Ford brake spoon on the passenger side. ;D

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
... the smashed cup I found under my Shelby carpet was the suggestion program says if u had a good idea to help assembly line in any way u got a bonus.
My uncle ran the Cleveland engine plant. He got the max award from the program. It was based on a percentage of amount saved in first year. He got 25 grand for suggesting they shouldn't paint under the vinyl tops.
Wow, 25K back then pretty close to 160K today.  What a bonus!!!

Now I used 1970 as the year.

rbarkley

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »
I found this one under the pax door seal of my 67.  Maybe the same guy!

Ron

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 10:45:45 PM »
I found this one under the pax door seal of my 67.  Maybe the same guy!

Ron

I love it...so cool

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »

Steve

Maybe not concours, but date code correct!