News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

It seems the fear of death makes one live life

Started by deathsled, April 03, 2020, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I took my then German wife to see the U boat and when she saw it got really quiet and said, why do you Americans have our submarine.  She seemed very disturbed by it.  Her grandfather flew many missions into Russia as a glider pilot for the Luftwaffe and was also in the Wehrmacht.  I was given all of his medals because the mom didn't want them but couldn't throw them out either.  The guy was an absolute bad ass.  I am hesitant to post his photo from his Ausweis or medals as some may take offense.  It is history though.  You can't hid from it.  Well you can, but...well...you know...those that ignore are doomed to repeat and so on. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

The Going Thing

History is riddled with bad choices. I was originally going to teach history. Being able to see and touch is what makes people retain information. ( Well, most) 
My grandfather was a paratrooper as well. He made three of the four combat jumps with the 82nd. Sicily, Salerno, and Holland. This is a war trophy from his service.
I have relics that came home with him. I just took out the flag to store it properly.
We can never forget what happened, no matter how uncomfortable it makes the overly sensitive.

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: The Going Thing on April 07, 2020, 10:38:49 PM
Quote from: deathsled on April 07, 2020, 10:35:06 PM
Quote from: honker on April 07, 2020, 10:35:06 AM
;)
I particularly enjoyed that.  Thank you!
I am likely going to bid domestic routes when this returns to some normality. I love Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Numero Uno here I come!
I am over-due for the Museum of Science and Industry. I will be making that run too.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

honker

Maybe we could all use a little of this tonic  ;) those of us who have sedentary habits !

read the copy in the ad !

Mike