News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

#861 Six Years of Ownership. Finally out for Exhaust and Mechanics

Started by rbarkley, April 06, 2020, 10:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on April 07, 2020, 12:54:03 PM
HEMMAROID King please do not ruin this gentlemans thread celebrating his 1967 GT500

Just a continuation of past behaviour....

Provoking, bullying, intimidating

Since a narcissist's goal is to dominate and be perceived as right at all costs, they often use aggression. This category involves the more overtly aggressive tactics commonly used by narcissists.

Such methods include provoking, bullying, and intimidating, where the narcissist picks on you, calls you names, yells, acts overly emotional, deliberately tries to hurt you, blatantly lies, threatens, or even physically aggresses against you.

Not only that, then they spin it around by presenting it as if by reacting to it or by ignoring them you are the one who's unreasonable, too emotional, and aggressive against them.

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

rbarkley

The headers are FPA and the exhaust is 2.5"
I just have to figure out how to get the stock looking exhaust tips to fit.

Thanks for all the great comments.  It is nice to celebrate this milestone. 
I even shared it with owner number two (1968-73).  He said, "Wow, wow, wow, wow.
Unbelievable.  Does that bring back memories.  Is it for sale? I love it."

LoL
Ron

greekz

SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

FL SAAC

That is key, enjoy it as much as possible

Quote from: rbarkley on April 07, 2020, 07:43:59 PM

I even shared it with owner number two (1968-73).  He said, "Wow, wow, wow, wow.

LoL
Ron
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

csheff

roddster

The tips: The inlets are 1 7/8" or 13/4", 2" at the most.  The rest of the tip is 3".  Good luck (as in will not happen) expanding the intlet as the chrome plating will shatter, making it look like broken glass in the expanded area.

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rbarkley on April 07, 2020, 07:43:59 PM

LoL
Ron
I wouldn't waste much research time. I had the exact same problem. Using the dimensions of a genuine tip I had my muffler shop swedge down a 3 inch pipe down to 2.5 and cut the 3 inch at the appropriate angle before taken the improvised tip to the chrome shop.  FYI give your self plenty of extra 3 inch pipe before the swedge that way you don't have to be precise with the swedge point after it is done then you decide where to cut the angle and where you cut the 2.5 section.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rbarkley

Ok.  Thank you for the response.   The chrome tips that came with the set are turned down at the end and I can't go for that.
My guess is that cutting them to the correct angle will only chip/ruin the chrome coating.   Correct?
Ron