News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 Decor Interior

Started by Hockeylife, May 09, 2019, 03:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT350DAVE

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on May 14, 2019, 06:58:20 PM
I'm done here. It serves no purpose and the forum serves no more in purpose than attacking anyone who doesn't comply with concours standards of KNOWN vehicles.  The admin and its hostile responses, or lack of justification for actions is what is wrong. The forum really doesn't serve those who actually work on their vehicles, it serves those with deep pockets who look down their snoot at others. Perhaps you missed the exchange and the fact that I am a newbie after six years here.  Even suggesting that those who are legally qualified should be barred from Constitutional rights at events. I'll pass on the high school clique' behavior and the good ol' boys club.
Fist of all I value your inputs. I was especially thankful for your recent posts concerning dash restorations and contacts that have pulled through for you. I think that we all have our personal focuses concerning our projects and production data but the willingness to share information about our personal experiences both good and bad holds a lot of value for me and a lot of others. Time to take a deep breath and move on.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

J_Speegle

Quote from: JD on May 14, 2019, 06:40:59 PM
It was my understanding that the smooth material(s) were intended for convertibles and why (no?) '67 closed cars (Shelby's) got it.

If one did - installation mistake at Ford???.

A "mistake" like that would have required multiple mistakes and choices by a group of non-connected workers at multiple plants.

No reason to go down that rabbit hole in this thread ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Richstang

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 14, 2019, 07:26:51 PM
Quote from: Richstang on May 14, 2019, 06:04:51 PM
Now I'm going to have to debate 6U 'smooth' trim. OY VEY!

We have no orders from SAI for 6U trim, no SVO sheets with Ford planning to use 6U trim, and no Marti Reports listing 6U trim (that I'm aware of). If anyone knows of a Marti with 6U noted please jump in here with a posted copy. (please redact the Ford VINs) If we ever do find a Marti with 6U trim we will have to consider it a replacement on a material shortage for 5U parchment 'comfortweave' trim. I'm not buying it, so please prove me wrong!

In all fairness to JD's post, it does answer Doug's question.
Ford did make 6U trim. It was only available on Mustangs as far as I know.

My car was missing it's orginal seats when I got it. In my '68 so far I found three copies of the build sheet. One under the springs on the rear seat bottom. One in the same place on the driver's seat and the other in the wiring harness.

I didn't expect to find the one under the drivers seat. This is uncommon for a '67? A build sheet would prove to me the way the car was built...probably.  ;D

As far as I know, the only papers found in the '67 Shelby's have been the SVO&PS sheet sets, aka Add/Delete sheets.
(Found under the carpets, or the front seats/rear seat cushion, and under the dash)

These SVO sheets may not always accurately represent how the vehicle was built. They are a more detailed version of the DSO, both of which represent how the car was ordered. So in the case of trim, and the later 5A to 6A substitutions (explained previously, in this topic link I posted), the DSO and SVO would more than likely have specified the 5A trim. The production line may have substituted 6A due to a materials shortage, and the SVO in the car likely would not have been updated. In your case, we do have a copy of your VIN #3074 Shelby GT500 cars' SVO sheets in DSO group 89-2608. It does show the 5A trim and of course the entire group was built with the 400F package.

The Ford record (Marti Deluxe Report) still remains the most authoritative document as to how a car was actually completed at San Jose, even with a few issues on how the data is interpreted, the Marti is still the BEST source to find the correct trim, as built by San Jose. The SAI documents never specified the full trim code only the colors, per the VIN.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

OK but go back and read YOUR words. Words can kill. You are basing your statements on what the Ford documentation says.

I'm pointing out that there is a case here, MINE, that is documented AND very clearly shows beyond a reasonable doubt that there is more then one mistake in those documents. Not a preponderance of evidence.

I do realize that you mean well and I personally would NOT take arms against you. What I would say though is that if I was your commanding officer I would not allow you to be a silo commander. You have a tendency of wanting to push the launch button prematurely. We all need better then that here.

I think that there is enough evidence, even circumstantial that a case of a 6U interior should be left as undetermined. Now what you do or any of your supporters do with that is up to you and any of you can go and have whatever kind of a fit that you care to?

Just sayin'...respectfully. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Richstang

Doug your comments keep my smiling...that's a good thing.
:P

Yes, I understand any of those documents could be flawed, no doubt it happened in the engine coding.
(From your position I would be very annoyed with them, but your VIN plate should be stamped as a '400F' package.
That's your first line of defense, especially if it is the original VIN plate from Shelby American.)

I'm not saying the documents are perfect, but they are the most accurate pieces of info that we have available for the packages, paint, and trim.
Beside all those papers, I have collected photos of about 1000 cars, 250 Marti reports and an unknown number of SAI P.O.s and Invoices.
I'm not bragging, as I know that is not enough, but it's all part of the research for these crazy complex '67 Shelby with too many running changes.

I'm just not convinced there were any '67's built with 6U parchment 'smooth' interiors.
We have numerous Marti Reports that show the later built 6A black 'smooth' interiors. Those care were ordered as 5A 'comfortweave' black trim.
We know something happened (shortage of materials is most likely) that forced Ford to use the 6A as replacements for the 5A.
We don't have ANY Marti's that show the use of 6U parchment 'smooth' trim, (no orders or replacements.)
That's why I'm sticking to my theory, until proved wrong.
If anyone out there has a hint of proof for a 6U trim on a '67 Shelby please share it with us...a Marti, survivor photos, anything.

Now where's that code 34DD?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

Quote from: Richstang on May 15, 2019, 06:48:21 PM
Doug your comments keep my smiling...that's a good thing.
:P

Yes, I understand any of those documents could be flawed, no doubt it happened in the engine coding.
(From your position I would be very annoyed with them, but your VIN plate should be stamped as a '400F' package.
That's your first line of defense, especially if it is the original VIN plate from Shelby American.)

I'm not saying the documents are perfect, but they are the most accurate pieces of info that we have available for the packages, paint, and trim.
Beside all those papers, I have collected photos of about 1000 cars, 250 Marti reports and an unknown number of SAI P.O.s and Invoices.
I'm not bragging, as I know that is not enough, but it's all part of the research for these crazy complex '67 Shelby with too many running changes.

I'm just not convinced there were any '67's built with 6U parchment 'smooth' interiors.
We have numerous Marti Reports that show the later built 6A black 'smooth' interiors. Those care were ordered as 5A 'comfortweave' black trim.
We know something happened (shortage of materials is most likely) that forced Ford to use the 6A as replacements for the 5A.
We don't have ANY Marti's that show the use of 6U parchment 'smooth' trim, (no orders or replacements.)
That's why I'm sticking to my theory, until proved wrong.
If anyone out there has a hint of proof for a 6U trim on a '67 Shelby please share it with us...a Marti, survivor photos, anything.

Now where's that code 34DD?

A 6U right there in front of you is a really good indicator that one might exist?  ;)

I remember testifying in a murder trial as an eye witness for the Prosecution. I said something like, "I saw that person there (the defendant) shoot the victim three times with a handgun". At that, the Defense Attorney jumped up and objected. He said, "that's just YOUR OPINION of what you saw".

So the point is, what some consider facts, others don't. All you can do is raise or lower the percentage of likeliness that something did or will happen. I might add, that the percentage of likeliness that the identity of the 34DD in question will be revealed to you is absolutely zero. That you can take to the bank.  ;)

Incidentally, the bullets didn't kill the victim. The hemorrhaging caused by the bullets did. The percentage of likeliness there was very high. It could have been the shock also?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Let's revisit the white vs parchment conversation.

I have looked for anything that supports 67 cars came with white interiors and there does not seem to be any specific Ford codes?

Has anyone found anything?

Lets suppose I wanted a white interior...how would it have been ordered?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

roddster

Another instance of "I don't remember where I saw this": Comfortweave upholstery was NOT available at the Ford plants until the middle of December of 1966.

Coralsnake

I have always preferred documentation.

Interpretation is fine, but I find it hard to believe Ford eould have two different interiors for the same code.

I checked through Kevin's reference books, that he based on his Ford database access, snd the only 67 code is for parchment.

Coralsnake

I think very under rated in this conversation is the DSO code. Most people don't understand that Shelby DSO codes tell a lot about how a car was built and not where is was sent. DSO is just a larger category of specific special order categories.

The 67s like the 68s used the same Ford ordering system. Cars with similar DSO codes share body styles, engines, trans, options, etc

68krrrr

Here's a current pic of my car & it looks like I'd expect a vintage parchment to look like kinda off white, buttery or creamy whatever you want to call it  & other pic came with my car from previous owner . I don't know the context of the picture but I'm thinking late 70's or early 80's but it looks almost white way brighter than it does now ,so maybe over time they change colors from a more brighter white like a good ole leather jacket ,I also collect vintage Rolex's & the patina that they can acquire over 50 yrs is amazing .

Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

My first Mustang was a '66 with a Parchment Pony interior. It was more of a flesh tone than the creamy '67 Parchment.

I love '67 Parchment in a dark car.