News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

grill trim re-pop or original?

Started by calspcl, April 13, 2020, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calspcl

I had an incident where my grill trim was bent. I am trying to determine if the trim is original or re-pop.  If it is original, does anyone know who can massage the bent trim piece back to its original configuration?

1968 GT350 #1198

robert campbell

The incident was caused by a clumsy old man......  Me!  Did a bunch of work on Dan's car.  Almost done and had it parked a bit closer to a car than the one that had just left...  Been walking between the other car for 2 or 3 months......  The extra 2 inches closer made me trip and fall like a sack of dirt on the floor.....  I hit it with my to go coffee cup...

Please help Dan out.  If the COBRANDA repop is ok I will purchase it.  If not, maybe you guys know a good restorer that can straighten it.  It is not bent to point of a kink.  I have not had good look with repop grill pieces on stock Stangs.  I always try to restore original pieces if I can.

Rob

CSX 4133

Cost wise it may not be justifiable for one piece of trim, but if you were considering having several pieces fixed/re-plated I would use Pauls Chrome.

https://www.paulschrome.com/index.php/stainless-trim-repair

acman63

this stuff is anodized aluminum real bear to work with
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member