News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby is maintaining weight; I am not

Started by deathsled, April 11, 2020, 09:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Going Thing

Those figures are skewed. Death is often caused by secondary elements, not Covid 19 directly.  I read multiple reports. So it's not MY opinion, but that or many who are accurately reporting information and are the EXPERTS on the subject, not the fear mongers.  The CDC shows 62,000 deaths Between 01 Oct 19 - 04 Apr 20 from the common flu. They also are not telling you about over 250,000 recoveries  Many test positive with little more than cold symptoms.  It never develops. I am not against using precautions. However, accurate testing really wasn't available until recently.  The new testing is Godsend. It allows testing in minutes.  Every hotspot is where mass public transportation is used.  Los Angeles NY, Chicago, San Francisco....  They will always be the hub of communicable diseases and they always have been historically speaking.
Covid 19 isn't new.  It's likely many have been exposed and were months ago.  At least unlike the H1N1, there was action taken almost immediately.
I'm glad to see we're not dumping another trillion U.S. dollars into the WHO.  Keep it here, develop the cure like we usually do and make it cost-effective to the world.  The UN is impotent and protected the Chinese Government.  Again, not my opinion but proven fact.

FL SAAC

+1 agreed

Quote from: The Going Thing on April 15, 2020, 01:14:21 PM
Those figures are skewed. Death is often caused by secondary elements, not Covid 19 directly.  I read multiple reports. So it's not MY opinion, but that or many who are accurately reporting information and are the EXPERTS on the subject, not the fear mongers.  The CDC shows 62,000 deaths Between 01 Oct 19 - 04 Apr 20 from the common flu. They also are telling you about over 250,000 recoveries  Many test positive with little more than cold symptoms.  It never develops. I am not against using precautions. However, accurate testing really wasn't available until recently.  The new testing is Godsend. It allows testing in minutes.  Every hotspot is where mass public transportation is used.  Los Angeles NY, Chicago, San Francisco....  They will always be the hub of communicable diseases and they always have been historically speaking.
Covid 19 isn't new.  It's likely many have been exposed and were months ago.  At least unlike the H1N1, there was action taken almost immediately.
I'm glad to see we're not dumping another trillion U.S. dollars into the WHO.  Keep it here, develop the cure like we usually do and make it cost-effective to the world.  The UN is impotent and protected the Chinese Government.  Again, not my opinion but proven fact.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: The Going Thing on April 15, 2020, 01:14:21 PM
Those figures are skewed. Death is often caused by secondary elements, not Covid 19 directly.  I read multiple reports. So it's not MY opinion, but that or many who are accurately reporting information and are the EXPERTS on the subject, not the fear mongers.  The CDC shows 62,000 deaths Between 01 Oct 19 - 04 Apr 20 from the common flu. They also are not telling you about over 250,000 recoveries  Many test positive with little more than cold symptoms.  It never develops. I am not against using precautions. However, accurate testing really wasn't available until recently.  The new testing is Godsend. It allows testing in minutes.  Every hotspot is where mass public transportation is used.  Los Angeles NY, Chicago, San Francisco....  They will always be the hub of communicable diseases and they always have been historically speaking.

So are we just interested in the numbers then? 62,000 deaths BUT 250,000 recoveries so nothing to worry about? Why Covid19, why not gun related deaths? (never mind I know why)

How about this, about 128,000 people in the USA die from drugs prescribed to them. This makes prescription drugs a major health risk, ranking 4th with stroke as a leading cause of death.

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

The Going Thing

Chris, or the number of patients killed by doctors by surgical errors? 300-400,000 a year. The third-largest killer in the United States. The numbers are staggering. Gun deaths aren't even on the table.  Suiciders are going to use whatever tool is available to them. Gun violence again is always in the same places by the same groups of people. It's not 99.9% like me who have owned and handled firearms since they were 8 years old not to mention over eight years of military service in combat arms. I am also federally licensed and carry on aircraft as well.   

shelbydoug

My personal opinion is that it is way too early to attempt to normalize this.

It isn't that simple. It's complicated.

What is not normal is the stacking of caskets waiting to bury them in a mass grave on an island in the Bronx. There is a backlog.

Personally if everyone can be immunized and safe not to infect or reinfect even themselves, the sooner the better, but what I want is not what the reality is.

Answer this. Are you comfortable right now in going to a MLB , NBA, or NHL game? I am not.

I hope and pray no one else gets sick. I don't care how much I dislike them?

I'm remembering a quote from "On the Beach".

"The last one to go might be a Great White circumventing the Earth and under the polar ice cap at the North Pole, but it's going to kill him too".

Hopefully we never come to this or "crazy Reese stating,"we were this close to going out... forever"?

You can't minimalize this. You can't normalize this and there will be plenty of time to assess responsibility. That is all premature now.

WE for sure don't need to turn on each other or preach at each other. The data will be very clear.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

I realize we're not going back to "normal" for a few months. No one is stacking caskets. Even NYC's numbers are inflated. over 4000 deaths that were attributed to Covid19 in NYC were never tested for Covid. It's about federal allocations.  I am not minimizing it.   However, again the new test developed actually work and in minutes.  Test EVERYONE. Isolate the carriers. Use what has proven to work, despite the usual spewing nitwits who simply want to politicize this.
Wars could easily start with a financial crash of magnitude.  I don't think many even thought about the implications here.
This is scary even in the geopolitical realm.

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on April 15, 2020, 02:44:52 PM
I realize we're not going back to "normal" for a few months. No one is stacking caskets. Even NYC's numbers are inflated. over 4000 deaths that were attributed to Covid19 in NYC were never tested for Covid. It's about federal allocations.  I am not minimizing it.   However, again the new test developed actually work and in minutes.  Test EVERYONE. Isolate the carriers. Use what has proven to work, despite the usual spewing nitwits who simply want to politicize this.
Wars could easily start with a financial crash of magnitude.  I don't think many even thought about the implications here.
This is scary even in the geopolitical realm.

Yea, we are stacking them here. I thought of posting a picture but it's really in bad taste.

We're taking over 700 a day. At some point I get it, you just shrug it off and it in effect becomes normalized but it isn't normal.

Tests are available here but the "machines" are only at 20% capacity. Still takes 5 days to get results and you need a prescription for one. That still all needs explanation.

My daughter was supposed to go back to work at Trader Joes today and  didn't. Last minute snafu on their end. She will be the first return to normality if there is such a thing?

It would be great if everyone was immune or vacinated. They are looking at anti-bodies right now as proof of immunity but it's a more complicated test since indiviuals vary on anti-body production.

Even the motorcycles are quite now. It's kind of spooky quite.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!