News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S1698

Started by Florida Realtor, April 14, 2020, 06:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florida Realtor

I'm looking at the "For Sale" description of this car and I'm looking in my 1987 Shelby Registry. How do you verify this info? "This Car's History may have been used in the movie "The American Gangsters". Being it's the Only One listed in The Shelby Register that was used as an Undercover Drug and Police Undercover Car. Recorded history states this Car was taken from a New York owner when caught for transporting drugs in the sixties, and possession was taken. This car comes with all records and history as provided from the record keepers for the Shelby Register."   Thanks!

GT350Lad

If you have any doubts or questions about these cars history or legitimacy contact the 65/66 registrar Howard Pardee on saachp@snet.net
He is very helpful. The new registry is also a great read
Cheers 
6S373
6S1276

6s1139

In the old forum I posted the pic from the movie (in the "Shelby's in the movies thread" of the car catching fire) - and the actual owner of the H in the movie chipped in and explained that their real car was used for the normal shots and a quick/dirty clone was used for the fire shot.

I know you are after history the of that scene (in terms of "was is based on a true story")  - he is a member here (can't remember who sorry) but maybe he has some more of the back story given he was somewhat involved in the movie

cheers

greg