News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC-45 Convention Update

Started by computerworks, April 19, 2020, 12:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

Randy, or will it be called SAAC 45  2.0?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

oldcanuck

I noticed that the Bloomington Gold Corvette event scheduled for Indy in June had been re-scheduled for Sept..... so I was just wondering if SAAC-45  might be so lucky.....
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

427heaven

States are beginning to shut down again... Beaches are locked down in California, guessing we can write off 2020 for mass gatherings. A sign of the times- :-\

gt350hr

No one anticipated the sadistic nature of this virus. I am on my third infection right now. First in Dec through Feb . Major hit before it was "known". Second hit first week of March  lasted about two weeks and now this hit finishing up a two week hit and it should be gone in a few more days. "I" thought once I had it , I would be immune. Boy was I wrong. The relapses are NOWHERE near as severe as the initial so the antibody IS working , but it really struggling to fight off the virus.  "To me" the key is wearing a mask to stop the spread.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on June 30, 2020, 10:45:59 AM
    No one anticipated the sadistic nature of this virus. I am on my third infection right now. First in Dec through Feb . Major hit before it was "known". Second hit first week of March  lasted about two weeks and now this hit finishing up a two week hit and it should be gone in a few more days. "I" thought once I had it , I would be immune. Boy was I wrong. The relapses are NOWHERE near as severe as the initial so the antibody IS working , but it really struggling to fight off the virus.  "To me" the key is wearing a mask to stop the spread.
     Randy
Dangggg Randy hang in there and hope you get feeling better soon.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TedS

........  "To me" the key is wearing a mask to stop the spread.
     Randy
Sorry for the illness Randy. I didn't know you could recatch it either. But thank you for your wise advice ref wearing masks. Seems like a simple thing to me but so many people seem to have difficulty with the idea.
Get well soon, for good.
Ted

Cobrask8

I am still working very hard to have the North East Regional SAAC meet the end of September. Lots of juggling, re-structuring, changing events to outdoors, and so far still a go.  Come on East and enjoy a smaller and more enjoyable Shelby weekend!

As far as 2021, My thoughts would be either try Indy again, just skip and go to California as seemed to be the plan for 46, or try something new?

shelbydoug

Randy

WHAT?

OH S HIT!

:o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shelby_r_b

ah....wow. 

I'm so sorry, Randy!  Stay strong!
Nothing beats a classic!

68blk500c

Randy

Whoa!!  Randy, you have taught us many things over the years.  This ranks way up there!!!!

J_Speegle

Randy - Had seen you post this and more elsewhere. Know you didn't do it to draw attention to yourself. Glad you made it though so far - stay safe my friend
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

gt350hr

Thanks Jeff . You are right , NOT about me at ALL.

I am going to focus on my program for SAAC 46 which "I" hope will be at Sonoma in 2021 It should be EPIC.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

KR Convertible

Randy,

Feel better my friend.

Paul

computerworks

Quote from: oldcanuck on June 29, 2020, 08:28:19 AM
Any chance of SAAC 45 being re-scheduled to later in the year ?

No, sorry....that's not a possibility.

Side-Oilers

BTW:  Won't next year's event still be called SAAC 45?  If we're counting...

All the best to you, Randy. Hang in there!

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model