News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Water pump bypass hose and clamps

Started by Greg, April 22, 2020, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I have seen it painted black as the engine block etc... and I have seen them not.  Which is assembly line correct?  I believe black, but I wasn't sure if SA changed the hose or not.

Thank you.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

CharlesTurner

Painted with the engine, so black.  Clamps were unique,
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Greg

Thank you Charles that is what I thought.  I received some whittek tower clamps in a box with the car and some were dated 4/64 and have a few that are 3/64.  Can you post a picture of the correct one?  Thank you.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Greg on April 22, 2020, 09:19:43 PM
Thank you Charles that is what I thought.  I received some whittek tower clamps in a box with the car and some were dated 4/64 and have a few that are 3/64.  Can you post a picture of the correct one?  Thank you.

Let's see if I can help out a little

Really need a side by side comparison of the heater hose clamp and the narrower bypass hose clamp to see the difference IMHO. The width is one of a couple of differences.   There is a 67 related thread on the subject on this current site. Thought we did one for 65/66 section on this site also but maybe that was BC (Before Crash).

Here is a side by side of the two that has been posted before and shared. Looks like Mr Gaines hand :)

Thermostat, upper radiator hose and clamp, bypass hose and clamp plus other items were reused from the engine that was originally dressed as a Mustang K code engine

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Special Ed

The bypass hose clamp has a smaller nut and screw thread size also used on boss 429 but not FE.

NC TRACKRAT

The narrower clamp has a "2" stamped under the saddle whereas the wider one is stamped "10".   
5S071, 6S1467

Greg

Thank you, I know a crazy amount of information was lost but help like this is what will make the new site even better.