News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fuel Line Fitting

Started by Greg, April 25, 2020, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

We're talking about this adapter right?
Dave - 6S1757

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

gt350hr

Quote from: Greg on April 26, 2020, 07:13:17 PM
Thank you Bob, I will look at it.

Greg I have a few original spares , I'll send you one.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

NC TRACKRAT

Randy-Not for me, as there is one on 071 but, for the sake of posterity, can you share any information that would identify this part?  If not a part number, perhaps you could determine the external thread that goes into the carb and the internal thread that receives the fuel line fitting?
5S071, 6S1467

gt350hr

The male end is 1/8th pipe thread( tapered) the other takes a 5/16ths flared tube end. It is actually a common fitting .
    Randy

s2ms

Quote from: gt350hr on April 27, 2020, 02:21:38 PM
  The male end is 1/8th pipe thread( tapered) the other takes a 5/16ths flared tube end. It is actually a common fitting .
    Randy

+1. I actually bought at a hardware store, to add to Randy's comments the internal thread that receives the fuel line fitting is 1/2"-20.
Dave - 6S1757

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on April 27, 2020, 02:21:38 PM
    Randy
To add- the original ones many times had the metal stamp of the " W" mfg trademark for Weatherhead .   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

NC TRACKRAT

My "lightbulb" just switched "on".  If I'm not mistaken, the same fittings are used in the lower tanks of radiators for C-4's to accept the cooling lines.
5S071, 6S1467

gt350hr

Winner winner , chicken dinner!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on April 27, 2020, 05:17:18 PM
My "lightbulb" just switched "on".  If I'm not mistaken, the same fittings are used in the lower tanks of radiators for C-4's to accept the cooling lines.
Taught me something today.Thanks. :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

OldGuy

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on April 27, 2020, 05:17:18 PM

The fitting that is used in the carburetor is probably brass (?) whereas the fittings that are installed in the radiator (from the factory) are steel-you know, the rusty ones.

Frank

OldGuy

The transmission cooler fittings that I was referring to are on a "66 radiator which look EXACTLY like the pictured fitting. The factory fittings that I have in my radiator are steel (or extremely magnetic brass).

Frank

NC TRACKRAT

OldGuy is right.  They look the same but the radiator ones are steel.  The radiator tanks are brass but the fittings are steel. Hmmmmm.
5S071, 6S1467

Bob Gaines

Ahh haa ,yes they should be brass. Oh well the hardware store is easy too.