News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Muscle Bikes

Started by FL SAAC, April 30, 2020, 07:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Here's my Muscle Bike
Purchased April 1975, in September 77 it's had 29,000 miles on it, now has 31,000
Not the typical bike you're talking about but when it was new it was one of the fastest production motorcycles ever made
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on June 30, 2022, 12:14:07 AM
This Huffy is very close to what I had, except mine was red (including the fenders), and the chain guard was larger. The name 'Hitch Hiker' was in black letters with the thumb up logo.
click on pictures to enlarge

Alright alright alright,  you had me thinking a lot so I contacted a buddy of mine who has  a bike shop.  Mike says the only HITCHHIKER name he has ever come across was a Schwinn monstrosity that you would hook up to a normal bike and turn it into a tandem or a two seater bike

Ruuuuuuuun !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on June 30, 2022, 10:42:06 AM
Here's my Muscle Bike
Purchased April 1975, in September 77 it's had 29,000 miles on it, now has 31,000
Not the typical bike you're talking about but when it was new it was one of the fastest production motorcycles ever made

Thanks for sharing that with us

Been thinking of starting a motor bike and mini bike post

Again thank you

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Now keeping on with musclebikes

Columbia muscle

Always use hand signals be safe

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Western Flyer Eliminator.....not a Schwinn

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 30, 2022, 11:08:53 AM
This Huffy is very close to what I had, except mine was red (including the fenders), and the chain guard was larger. The name 'Hitch Hiker' was in black letters with the thumb up logo.

Alright alright alright,  you had me thinking a lot so I contacted a buddy of mine who has  a bike shop.  Mike says the only HITCHHIKER name he has ever come across was a Schwinn monstrosity that you would hook up to a normal bike and turn it into a tandem or a two seater bike

Ruuuuuuuun !

Sorry, no. It WAS a Huffy 'HitchHiker'. Like I mentioned, I never seen another one like it. 'Maybe' it was a California only regional promotional special(?). Whatever the case, I know what I had. My parents bought it for me around 1972-'73 (when I was 5-6 years old), and it was stolen around 1975-'76.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

honker

crossboss, that sounds like it would have been a cool ride !

There are a number of forums out there on this type of  bike, here's one on Schwinns, they might come up with something.

Mike

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1215276-does-anyone-know-who-invented-stingray-bike.html

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on June 30, 2022, 05:40:17 PM

Ruuuuuuuun !

Sorry, no. It WAS a Huffy 'HitchHiker'. Like I mentioned, I never seen another one like it. 'Maybe' it was a California only regional promotional special(?). Whatever the case, I know what I had. My parents bought it for me around 1972-'73 (when I was 5-6 years old), and it was stolen around 1975-'76.

We have consulted with the world renowned Doctor. Francis Tumblety    , PhD, who is a professor of psychology at Falafala College and a licensed psychologist. Dr Tumblety believes you may be suffering from a case of "french vanilla nostalgia ala venti" where one think someting happened but it did not.

Our further research shows that the only "HITCHHIKER" found in the 72 73 era was an exquisite film by that name but certainly, no HUFFY bike

Thanks for giving us a time line on your age 55/56 as my buddy Mike had placed you as a child of the early 1900s thinking you rode one of these bikes possibly a HITCHHIKER.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

A swarm of Schwinns

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 30, 2022, 07:52:41 PM
Quote from: crossboss on June 30, 2022, 05:40:17 PM

Ruuuuuuuun !

We have consulted with the world renowned Doctor. Francis Tumblety    , PhD, who is a professor of psychology at Falafala College and a licensed psychologist. Dr Tumblety believes you may be suffering from a case of "french vanilla nostalgia ala venti" where one think someting happened but it did not.

Our further research shows that the only "HITCHHIKER" found in the 72 73 era was an exquisite film by that name but certainly, no HUFFY bike

Thanks for giving us a time line on your age 55/56 as my buddy Mike had placed you as a child of the early 1900s thinking you rode one of these bikes possibly a HITCHHIKER.....

Another FAKE NEWS report from our famous Flori-DUH! expert with more time on his hands...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

El Kapitan Kagaroo dice "y donde esta el crossboss?"

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Dude, get a life. Do not contact, or engage with me again.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

A modern frozen flake bike......ugh !

Not a Schwinn

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

honker

Not sure if these have been here before ?

Are they Harley Davidson or Evil Knievel versions ? Also a '67 ? Buick Riviera in back.