News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

power steering pump

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, May 04, 2020, 09:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I have a 1969 GT500 A/C car that needs a power steering pump. I have two pumps, both without tags. On one, the nipple goes up and the other it goes straight out. I do have the correct pulley but with all the surface aging, I am not sure of what finish to take it back to. Two questions, if I may. Does the return nipple go straight out? And second, what finish/color (and shade/degree if black) is the pump pulley.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 04, 2020, 09:26:00 AM
I have a 1969 GT500 A/C car that needs a power steering pump. I have two pumps, both without tags. On one, the nipple goes up and the other it goes straight out. I do have the correct pulley but with all the surface aging, I am not sure of what finish to take it back to. Two questions, if I may. Does the return nipple go straight out? And second, what finish/color (and shade/degree if black) is the pump pulley.
The correct 69 GT500 pump return nipple can be described as going out and angled down.  The pulley is best discribe as black in the semi gloss range of sheen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby