Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 17193 times)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Suggestions
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
I would like to start a suggestion thread;

I suggest that when you post a comment, you get to immediately see the comments in the thread in which it was posted.

This is opposed to having your post load then having the thread close and you get booted to the forum category that the thread is located in.

With the new method, you can catch your typos quickly and make corrections, or maybe you would notice your single paragraph is a full length page of information and is hard to read so you could return to break it into true paragraph format to facilitate reading and comprehension.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:00:57 PM »
Another suggestion. Maybe a 5-10 minute window to make corrections without the post modified tag getting attached.

Not sure where it is now, but since you have to reload the page to read your post, it seems like it is about 60 seconds before editing gets tagged.

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:22:40 PM »
I think there are settings in your Profile setup pages that lets you go to the post after you've made it.

Also there is a Preview button when you are creating a post/reply to proof you postings.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:29:59 PM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
Thanks JD.

I knew about preview but not the profile settings, that is automatic on all the other sites I visit.

Edit; it took a few minutes but works now, thanks JD
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:14:31 PM by 2112 »

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »
Another feature I like on the other forums I visit is that under each member's name is their location.

Nothing specific, usually just a city or state, sometimes a country outside the U.S.,  somtmes something snarky.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »
Any chance of turning spelling help feature of the software?  Know I can always use the help and it would help reduce the editing of the post which happens for me way too often

Thanks
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 10:26:24 PM »
Any chance of turning spelling help feature of the software?  Know I can always use the help and it would help reduce the editing of the post which happens for me way too often

Thanks

Eye here yu Jeff.

I kant splell wurth a chit.

Chris ;D
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 11:57:59 PM »

Thanks

Eye here yu Jeff.

I kant splell wurth a chit.

;D

It’s only funny, because this is me to a “T”!!

Chris ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

Bossbill

• SAAC Member
  • In the middle of Puget Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 02:52:16 PM »
One thread for all topics of a specific nature or item.

We don't need 20 or 30 threads all asking about yellow top coils, their markings, and so on.
If the thread detail is specific to certain years (carbs or intakes, for instance) then there would be one thread for each year.

New threads on the same topic should be merged into existing threads.

I'd rather wade through 20 pages of one thread than 20 different threads with duplicate data regurgitated ... again and again and again.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

Chris Thauberger

• View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 03:40:25 PM »
One thread for all topics of a specific nature or item.

We don't need 20 or 30 threads all asking about yellow top coils, their markings, and so on.
If the thread detail is specific to certain years (carbs or intakes, for instance) then there would be one thread for each year.

New threads on the same topic should be merged into existing threads.

I'd rather wade through 20 pages of one thread than 20 different threads with duplicate data regurgitated ... again and again and again.

Something like that take dedication from the Mods. Policing every post and moving or merging is time consuming. Any volunteers, Bossbill? You up to it?

I will gladly help out given the chance, count me in.

I know Jeff and Charles(+ others??) do a great job on CMF.

Chris

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 05:44:34 PM »
At the bottom of each page, it would be great to have a "to the top" button.

We had one before, but it would be even better if it took us high enough on the page that we can click on the unread posts button.

Chris Thauberger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »

We had one before, but it would be even better if it took us high enough on the page that we can click on the unread posts button.

Click in the blue circle. That will take you back to the top.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 06:35:14 PM »
Thanks

I modify my suggestion to having an "unread posts" or "what's new" button on the bottom of the page.

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »

I added "Go Up" and Go Down" links at the top and bottom of topic pages...that may help

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 12:57:14 AM »

I added "Go Up" and Go Down" links at the top and bottom of topic pages...that may help

Thank you. 👍