News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Sending good wishes to Rick Kopec

Started by Cobra Ned, May 14, 2020, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra Ned

Latest news: Rick managed to take 10 steps this morning, is extremely hoarse from the breathing tubes he had down his throat, and was shocked to learn he has basically been in la-la land for 18 days. He still suffers a bit from what they call "ICU psychosis" and gets confused. (Not to the point he'll be asking about your Corvette...) He nonetheless said he wished there was something he could do for all of us, and Colleen told him the best thing would be for him walk out of there once he's well. Let's hope that happens soon!

JD

Best news yet! Great to hear and thanks for the update(s).
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

mark p

Quote from: JD on May 30, 2020, 11:30:37 AM

^^^ +1
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

NC TRACKRAT

Wow!  Good news!  I dare say he's lost a considerable amount of weight. Are we ready to see a skinny Kopec? 
5S071, 6S1467

Rocket

Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

68gtcoupe

Great to hear of Rick's forward progress and thanks for the update!

GTBULLITT

He needs to walk 350 steps, then he is cured ..

Don Johnston

Sixx7shelby

Quote from: JD on May 30, 2020, 11:30:37 AM

^^^+2
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

pmustang

Awesome update

Keep up the good work Rick

J_Speegle

Great News!!! Prayers continue for him and the family
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

With all that is going on in the world great news like this is so welcome. Keep up the good fight fearless leader. Prayers continue on your behalf.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

With all that's going on at this time, it's great to hear news like this.  Colleen can stand behind and snap the "nerf whip". It's for who want to be strict, but gentile.
Ok, now we know the truth, Rick had SAAC 45 cancelled because he couldn't be there
Keep him up and walking, as for confused, aren't we all a little like that
Hurry up and get well
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Coralsnake

I guess if you dont have the convention, your streak of not missing a convention is intact. Very clever. Best wishes moving forward
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com