News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S1014 for sale for $150K

Started by 6s1640, May 20, 2020, 02:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Please send me your EZ restorations, I never had one of those! There is always something! EZ does not exist especially with todays repo parts, heck even with NOS parts....even when I was a kid there were not easy...If anyone has a 67 GT 350 or 500 that is factory white that is a EZ restoration, please let me know.
RARE  Signature Delete

TJinSA

New Mexico would be as dry an environment as any, as rust highly unlikely, or should I say the claims of such very likely. Theres got to be a story on the loose tach... probably replace pad after too much exposure, and never got around to replacing. Worth it?  Rot free and complete from original family (other than Hertz(RIP)) has to be a good bene any more, but they're going for all the money. Agree drive it, enjoy it. Replace as whim requires or dictates.
Tom Kubler
6S296

Greg

It really depends on what one would want to do with it. 

If your buying it to drive and then in 3-5 years flip it, then $100-$115 is within reason.  If your going to restore it, that would be another $30-35K ($140K all in) unless you outsource everything to a high end shop, then 600-700hrs would cost you at least another $50-60K.   Then your in it about $170K, unless the market goes up considerably in the next 3-5 years your probably going to lose $20-30K.

As everyone agree's, rust and searching for correct, rare parts gets expensive fast and creates a lot of frustration, so start with one that is as clean and complete as you can afford and do as much as you can on your own.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Shelby_r_b

Looking at the registry entry, it shows the car did its Hertz duty out of Chicago. One Chicago winter could put a lot of hurt on this poor car. I wonder if it's really rust free or if it's had panel replacement.
Nothing beats a classic!

mark p

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on May 20, 2020, 10:07:54 PM
Looking at the registry entry, it shows the car did its Hertz duty out of Chicago. One Chicago winter could put a lot of hurt on this poor car. I wonder if it's really rust free or if it's had panel replacement.

yep - even car only a few years old back then could be pretty rusty
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird