News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Real Period NOS carb?

Started by The Going Thing, May 26, 2020, 03:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: EdwardGT350 on May 30, 2020, 06:00:52 PM
did brand new carbs come from the "holley depot" with the shelby fuel inlet fitting already installed?
65 or 66 ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

EdwardGT350

meaning would a carb bought directly from "holley depot" have come with the fuel fitting attached?
isnt that what the ad is implying?
1966 GT350 6s1761

gt350hr

Yes , carburetors were furnished complete with fittings. "Later" over the counter service replacements were sold with the small (65) fitting and may be the reason for some confusion. Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Dan Case

Quote from: gt350hr on June 01, 2020, 10:15:03 AM
      Yes , carburetors were furnished complete with fittings. "Later" over the counter service replacements were sold with the small (65) fitting and may be the reason for some confusion. Randy

+1

The owner of our black car (CSX2310) in 1968 had his Ford dealer buy a "COBRA" 4V induction kit and install it. The 1967 dated carburetor included the small fitting like 1965 MUSTANG GT350s, the same fuel pump to carburetor fuel line (which had to be cut for Cobra use) as a 1965 GT350, and the late intake with screw bosses for ancillaries prior intakes lacked. Those parts installed in 1968 are still in use today.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

gt350hr

Dan,
       I agree with what you posted. My information came from the late Ray Wolfe (rip) who ended up with "most" of the unused SAI inventory . He had stacks of carburetors in "plain brown boxes" , no Holley logos , just a Holley part number label. I bought two 715's in these unopened boxes for $100 ea and about a thousand gasket kits in Ford packaging.The carbs were both dated 622 and had the big brass fitting for '66-67. I still have one of them today. All of the catalog pictures show what  you describe , not what I bought.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.