News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Went to the pharmacy today.......

Started by gt350hr, June 02, 2020, 11:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Move to sunny Florida, a stand your ground state.

And always remember "It's better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 03, 2020, 05:09:57 PM
Stay tuned for tomorrow's discussion of the third ammendment. Specifically quartering troops . Particularly timely as many troops are belng called to duty.

I have decided to join the Lounge crowd. No more insight on classic Shelbys or helpful information about cars! Boring....

I was in the military for 26 years, so this will be awesome. Even looking forward to hearing from you  army folk!

How soon before your web site is changed over to the new direction??
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Cobrabob

Here's another axiom: When seconds count, the police are minutes away

427hunter

I understand our resident "expert" on everything wrote something that was removed - after being sent it's content I think my suspicions are correct. To answer his question, I retired after 30 years as a policeman in So Cal and everything this guy writes sets off my B.S. meter. Just in case someone is confused - the advice given (in his post that was removed) that you can kill a person to protect property is incorrect.

I had many friends in the CHP and most were very humble hardworking guys, "the expert" matches up with my experience with police management which was much different. The ladder climbers that spend 10 minutes in the field and constantly tell their war story (because they don't have war stories  ;D). They have a degree from a online college, go to classes on everything to become an expert without any field application, can lie with easy, and throw everyone under the bus to obtain the next stripe, star or bar, they also need to be the center of attention; oh,  I almost forgot they are mostly Masons.....   
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Coralsnake

What upset you the swear words or the suggestion made to you?

We could repost it?

After all its the Lounge...it would probably be okay.

🤔

computerworks

Too much snark...

This is an interesting thread.. ::) ...here's some suggestions...

Stay reasonably on the subject at hand
If you disagree, state why in logical terms
If you vehemently disagree, I suggest you leave the thread...or I will help with that.

Thanks

deathsled

Just tried to get my Firearm Owners ID card and got this message.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Suggestions:

Please contact the Web site administrator to alert them of the time, the error occured and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Addendum.  Now I am hell bent on getting my FOID card.  I am not going to be deterred.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

69mach351w

Quote from: pbf777 on June 03, 2020, 01:57:23 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 02, 2020, 08:15:05 PM

For home defense, a pistol grip, "sawed off" (can't be shorter then 18" without special ATF permit which you will not get) pump.

It really isn't good for much else besides that type of a conflict

I realize that the number one goal would be to survive an unwanted conflict, but keep in mind, the next big concern will be staying out of jail!      
All the more reason to join an organization that will stand behind you, in front of you or steer you in the right direction to someone in your town that will stand up for you in a court of Law;)

69mach351w

Quote from: 2112 on June 03, 2020, 04:09:15 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on June 03, 2020, 04:02:24 PM
"It's better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six"

True, but factor in that you will be sued by the perp or the perps family afterward,  no matter what the circumstances are.
See post #53 Above  ;)

69mach351w

Quote from: 427hunter on June 03, 2020, 02:10:36 PM
The bottom line to remember is you can not use deadly force to protect property - Almost every state with few exception (like Connecticut where you must retreat if possible) have laws the specify if someone breaks into a occupied dwelling that the legal inference be they are there to harm you, and you have the right to defend yourself or another. The key is protection of life vs protection of property.
+1 Protect your Life when in Danger.....Property is just that....Property.

The Going Thing

As I stated. 18,5" is the minimum legal length. If they are less they must be registered as an AOW/SBR. It requires the same federal licensing/Tax Stamp as an automatic weapon.  I own a the 14" and the 18.5" barrel for my Benelli Super 90.  It's an eight round/semi-auto or pump operation.
You don't want to deal with any NFA violations as they are prosecuted federally.

gt350hr

OK as the OP here, let me 'splain how I saw this. The MURDER of a man by police is inexcusable NO question. The comment I posted is a stab at OUR society. We NEED to grieve over George's MURDER, BUT grieving isn't eliminated by going to Footlocker and break the glass to get that set(or four sets)of sneakers you always wanted. Same for clothes , food, liquor, Oxycotten , or whatever people chose to STEAL and FURTHER impart unwarranted grief on OTHER innocent people all brought on by George's murder. The post had NOTHING to do with guns , PERIOD. It is about US. Hell we can't even talk on a forum without insulting each other. My daily driver was broken into a couple weeks ago. My jacket with my wallet was one of the items stolen. Sure I'm mad. The police gave me a report number and said "good luck" we don't have the resources to investigate. While not as severe as murder , do "I" eliminate my grief by breaking into a Pharmacy or shoe store to eliminate "MY" grief??????? Do I buy M-80s and throw them or rocks and bottles at Police???
    Don't spin this off onto guns. Having or not having them isn't pertinent to this thread.
  Black people feel they are targeted by the Police and Hispanics are now saying the same thing. How SAFE is a white "person" going "uninvited" into a black or Hispanic neighborhood???? Is it odd that crime is higher in those areas than predominantly white neighborhoods??? Crime and murder is what causes the need for Police in the first place.
     I didn't want to go political , I just wanted people to look inward.
      I will not post any further on this thread.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Just my opinion, but what would help minority groups that languish at the bottom is to help instill the importance and desirability of the family. More specifically, having the father in the home.

For too many decades, we, as a society, have promoted this notion that choices do not have consequences. The biggest example of this is the lack of fathers at home. At home daily. Involved in their children's lives and caring about keeping the family safe and together. Prosperity will follow.

JMHO

pbf777

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 03, 2020, 05:52:39 PM
Move to sunny Florida, a stand your ground state.

Now I'm going to cause some trouble;  George Zimmerman's debacle took place in Florida!   The Prosecutors' Office determined it was self defense (lets see, your on your back on the pavement, the assailant is on top of you slamming your head into the pavement, you shoot!), but then because of individuals with no real knowledge of the situation and apparently few other responsibilities begin protesting (rioting & looting, just ask the other citizens of Sanford, Florida) and it becomes a racist hate crime in the presentation by the all knowing leftist media who just love to fan the flames, so the powers that be were determined that there would be a trial (as they would readily trade your head for their appointments).  In the end, everyone is just if not more so separated in their ill-founded beliefs, the tax payers are out millions of dollars, other judicial cases are neglected, the cost of your premises insurance goes up and like him or not, but probably correctly found not-guilty, Zimmerman is a ruined man, and in more ways than one.         :o

B.T.W., I do own a Desert Eagle 50 A.E., but that might not be exactly what I meant when I said I'd acquire something larger than perhaps a "compact" gun for the home.  Perhaps a bit of a handful particularly a novice to use and again, you'd look like a "Terminator" want-a-be in the press!           ::)

Scott.