News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SHELBY World Championship Jackets

Started by FL SAAC, June 03, 2020, 09:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

COPIED FROM THE SHELBY WEB SITE:

Shelby American made history on July 4, 1965, when Bob Bondurant and Allen Grant drove a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe across the finish line in Reims, France. That day, they helped Shelby American win the FIA Sports Car World Championship, which is the only time an American company has captured that prestigious honor.

Carroll Shelby's Store has a limited number of "continuation" World Championship jackets available. Only 100 were created in this initial run and they are simply amazing. Carefully designed and built (in the USA) just like the ones worn by Carroll Shelby, Ken Miles, Phil Remington, Dan Gurney, Allen Grant, Bob Bondurant and the rest of the team, this jacket will make you feel like a champion each time you wear it.

These jackets will go on sale to the public on Wednesday, June 3. Team Shelby members have the first opportunity to snag one, and they are $50 off for a limited time. Please note that the Team Shelby member discount does not apply on top of that offer.

This jacket would make a wonderful Father's Day gift, as well as a great memento to celebrate the 55th anniversary of the 1965 World Championship next month.

Check out the complete story and jacket at: [https://bit.ly/300YunP](https://bit.ly/300YunP?fbclid=IwAR16WXrgwx-jE5m1LVpwnfViDaMQyYbC9wXEXHPl71YHF0hwAAdFMNd1BeQ)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

I saw the notice.  Unfortunately, like most special Shelby jackets, unless we have a return to "SAAC Does Vegas" in the winter, I do not have the proper weather to wear it! 8)

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

SFM5S000

Actually it was Michael S (RIP) from RacingInc ( I think that's the name of is company) he built an accurate R Model replica and reproduced this Shelby Jack about 8 years ago or so. A lot of people here on the forum bought them as did all the guys on the re-introduced "Venice Crew" that included Pete Brock when they did the IRS 65 GT350 and the revamped R Model fron valence.
So, these jackets are being sold or offered again by Shelby American Las Vegas?

~Earl J

sfm5

Quote from: SFM5S000 on June 03, 2020, 09:55:54 PM
Actually it was Michael S (RIP) from RacingInc ( I think that's the name of is company) he built an accurate R Model replica and reproduced this Shelby Jack about 8 years ago or so. A lot of people here on the forum bought them as did all the guys on the re-introduced "Venice Crew" that included Pete Brock when they did the IRS 65 GT350 and the revamped R Model fron valence.

~Earl J

You are correct. It was Michael Holmes of Racing Division in LA. He made 200 (I think?) in an initial batch and I was lucky enough to score one of those - later he made more including a blue one with white stripes. Last time I wore mine was to the Ford vs Ferrari movie!
65 GT350

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 03, 2020, 09:42:53 PM
100 Mr Gaines clones!

What did you expect? Shelby Vegas is a marketing firm, nothing more, nothing less.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Bob Gaines

~Earl J
Earl ,it was Tony Branda (RIP) to first reproduced the jacket some 20 years before Michael S (RIP) did his more accurate version of the jacket . I have one of Tony's and one of Michael's.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

Anyone wearing that will stand out.... 
try checking ur oil in that at a SAAC convention
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

I know but it does get chilly in Fl once the temps fall below 79 degrees it's jacket season for us....

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 03, 2020, 09:32:41 PM
I saw the notice.  Unfortunately, like most special Shelby jackets, unless we have a return to "SAAC Does Vegas" in the winter, I do not have the proper weather to wear it! 8)

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Buenos Dias Senor Earl

Last time these became avaialable the proce tag was close to five bills

~Earl J

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Beautiful jackets

Quote from: sfm5 on June 03, 2020, 10:16:48 PM

~Earl J

You are correct. It was Michael Holmes of Racing Division in LA. He made 200 (I think?) in an initial batch and I was lucky enough to score one of those - later he made more including a blue one with white stripes. Last time I wore mine was to the Ford vs Ferrari movie!

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

You will be able to pinpoint ALL the mustard stains....salud !

Quote from: Bigfoot on June 03, 2020, 10:55:16 PM
Anyone wearing that will stand out.... 
try checking ur oil in that at a SAAC convention

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

GTBULLITT

Not so I ordered a jacket today 1pm EST I have my confirmation email, but 8 week deliver time tho