Author Topic: 1968 Heater Blower Switch  (Read 1163 times)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
1968 Heater Blower Switch
« on: June 08, 2020, 01:36:29 PM »
The heater blower switch in my car only works on two of the speeds.  It works on low and medium but not high.  I am looking for a new switch and it does not seem NPD sells them.  I have found one made by Old Air Products from CJ Pony parts.  It is fairly expensive so I wanted to know if anyone has used this switch or had good luck with any other switch out there.

Corey

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 Heater Blower Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 05:09:01 PM »
Non-A/C?  I'd try cleaning the switch first, should be able to bench test and make sure it's not something else like the resistor.

Make sure the switch bezel has a good ground.  I know on a 65-66 with a 3 speed fan that the bezel mount to the dash is ground to complete the circuit.  If the paint is real thick on the dash or screws not tight, this can cause issues with the fan.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:52:58 AM »
Yes this is an non A/C car.  I actually replaced the resistor with one I purchased from WCCC which was in really good shape. I will remove the switch and try cleaning it and see what happens.

Thank you,  Corey

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 10:33:50 AM »
corey  its 90 degrees in  md    ........    LOL  go drive it

Phil 00212
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .