News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Master cylinder

Started by hurlbird, June 07, 2020, 06:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

thanks!!! so the fun begins with the removal of the MC and the booster. I need an extra arm and be made of rubber.  :-\

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on June 09, 2020, 04:02:08 PM
thanks!!! so the fun begins with the removal of the MC and the booster. I need an extra arm and be made of rubber.  :-\
You probably are but just in case,definitely plan on having the booster rebuilt while out.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

hurlbird

Joebantelman

Getting ready top shoot the car in red oxide... Does anyone have pix of where the lift points are located. Also was looking to see what type/size washer to replicate.....

J_Speegle

Quote from: Joebantelman on June 11, 2020, 06:12:06 PM
Getting ready top shoot the car in red oxide... Does anyone have pix of where the lift points are located. Also was looking to see what type/size washer to replicate.....

Kind of off thread but guess your referring to the 8 (8 visible from under the car and 4 visible from above) "dolly marks"

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=5463.msg46602#msg46602

Search is your friend :) Most of the time

Here is a picture of the front and rear frame shadows to give you an idea of the diameter of the washer/stand shadow. Small er than the width of the front frame rail attached to the driver and passenger floor panel and wider than the rear frame rail at the back of the car

If you build/create faux stands for each you will get the natural/original U shaped paint shadows from the exterior and pinch weld black out applications depending on the part of the body being painted as shown in the example below

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shlb69

The Going Thing

Ford over the counter replacement masters were not painted in the 70's and 80's. Perhaps you have a replacement. I believe they were used until about 1979.