Author Topic: 1967 GT-350 Air Injection Smog System pictures  (Read 3567 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 GT-350 Air Injection Smog System pictures
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 10:22:10 AM »
First - Rick:  many, MANY thanks for all the pictures you posted!  I had a few of them previously, and the extra ones you posted help A TON!!  Please post more of the engine bay, if you have them / have time.

Second - Mike:  I feel your pain!  I own #2666, and it's a Thermactor Car with A/C and Auto (just like Rick's old car).  I've been working through the process of tracking down the correct routing, etc. for some time.  And, while I'm no expert (I did meet Bob Gaines a few times  ;D), I've learned a ton.

The Osborne Manuals are a God send!  They helped me out a ton, especially given all the hoses located on the passenger side of the engine bay and their unique routing.

In addition, I've gathered some pictures / information from other on the forum (thanks, Jeff Speegle and Bob Gaines!). 

The first picture attached (using the great photos that Rick provided) shows a red circle around the hose for which I believe you are referring - is that correct?

The second picture shows where that hose attaches to the back of the backfire / gulp valve from the air filter

The third picture is a diagram which shows the connection points for all the hoses.  You'll see the hose in the two pictures I've circled in red represented by a red line connecting the air filter to the #1 port of the backfire valve.

I hope this helps!
BTW - which number car do you have?  Let's see some pictures!  :D
I believe the OP indicated in another thread that the smog parts are part of a parts collection that he got from another and is trying to figure out what he has. Maybe the smog parts will be for sale at some point?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
I hope not to distract from the topic, but maybe contribute to the topic- I have that same backfire valve in original removed condition with original clamps, hoses, both rubber, and metal line still attached. Been stored for approx. 40 years and looks in great shape, would consider selling.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »
I hope not to distract from the topic, but maybe contribute to the topic- I have that same backfire valve in original removed condition with original clamps, hoses, both rubber, and metal line still attached. Been stored for approx. 40 years and looks in great shape, would consider selling.

PM sent
Nothing beats a classic!