News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Brunk "Continuation" Shelbys

Started by csxsfm, February 08, 2022, 01:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 08, 2022, 05:54:11 PM
Quote from: TransamEd on February 08, 2022, 04:26:11 PM
Each car had typically a document with it showing which item was N.O.S, new, restored or replaced. Probably not kept from many owners...

I am skeptical that the document is totally accurate ether what with the 31 spine axles instead of the typical 28 listed on the list. ;)

I wouldn't trust anyone who can't spell the simplest and most common of part brands: 
Clevitt
Cloes
Headman
Colbra
McCleod trho out bearing
Borge Warner

I went to Brunk's place one time, to consider writing an article.  Brunk was such a flim-flam man, and the car(s) didn't look great, so I passed.

What's his background?  I'd never heard of him before that.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

CSX2259

"ORIGINAL REPRODUCTION" ?!

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on February 08, 2022, 11:10:00 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 08, 2022, 05:54:11 PM
Quote from: TransamEd on February 08, 2022, 04:26:11 PM
Each car had typically a document with it showing which item was N.O.S, new, restored or replaced. Probably not kept from many owners...

I am skeptical that the document is totally accurate ether what with the 31 spine axles instead of the typical 28 listed on the list. ;)

I wouldn't trust anyone who can't spell the simplest and most common of part brands: 
Clevitt
Cloes
Headman
Colbra
McCleod trho out bearing
Borge Warner

I went to Brunk's place one time, to consider writing an article.  Brunk was such a flim-flam man, and the car(s) didn't look great, so I passed.

What's his background?  I'd never heard of him before that.

They call them "ENTREPRENEURS"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: S7MS427 on February 08, 2022, 10:39:54 PM
It always sounded like a bad deal to me from the get go.  And I was disappointed to find out that SAAC was reserving spots for them in the registry.  I certainly don't view those cars as worthy of being included in the registry due to a variety of reasons.  Just my opinion, yours may differ from mine.
These cars were manufactured by Shelby American. He reactivated his manufacturers license to build them. They are legit SA cars - just not good ones.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

csxsfm

Since these were "manufactured by SAI" with SAI vins, anyone know if there were build records listing engine serial numbers?