Author Topic: Does Color Matter $$  (Read 8279 times)

Ducecpe

• View Profile
Does Color Matter $$
« on: June 18, 2020, 12:20:25 AM »
This may have been discussed before? I am curious if the color of a Hertz car effects the price range if all things are equal? I know Shelby built more Black cars than the rest?
Thanks

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Does Color Matter $$
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:14:41 AM »
Are you the potential buyer in this equation?

Is the question if there were two Hertz cars and one was green and one was black should they be the same price? I would say yes..however

Color preference is very subjective and it does effect prices slightly
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:37:28 AM by Coralsnake »

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:04:46 AM »
It depends on the colours that were available and how many were built, most of you agree that a black car if only a handful were made in black like the GT500 1967 are very desirable, it always depend on availability and people wanting it.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 08:30:47 AM »
I have a little experience with this question...

With the Hertz's I'd say the color doesn't matter......
800 black Hertz's VS maybe 55 green ones..

Price wise no different.....

However, a nightmist blue '67 VS a lime gold is a much different equation..

Just my. 02

Bret

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 08:31:17 AM »
Personally, when I look at any car, if I do not like the color, I will not buy it. If the car owner like the color of his or her car, then it is worth "it". I cannot imagine looking at two identical cars, one, one color and another one some "one of one" color, that is so ugly that is the reason it is "one of one" and buying it because it is worth more......it is not a hobby for that ugly color buyer!
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 08:33:15 AM »
I have a little experience with this question...

With the Hertz's I'd say the color doesn't matter......
800 black Hertz's VS maybe 55 green ones..

Price wise no different.....

However, a nightmist blue '67 VS a lime gold is a much different equation..

Just my. 02

Bret

That is the BEST 02 of color cars right there on the 67 comparison! +10 on that!
RARE  Signature Delete

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »
Color does matter, just like size matters … To both men and women ;D

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 11:01:28 AM »
      I am partial to the 18 white with blue side stripes versions because I own one. They are the rarest except for the two prototypes. From a pure appeal point ,"to me" , black / gold is a beautiful combination.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 11:10:51 AM »
If color mattered, I would not have bought my first 67 GT350 for $2250.00 "ALL COLORS MATTER" not just "BLACK 67 SHELBYS MATER"

How stupid would I have been not to buy my car because it was green? When you are talking "worth" its not a hobby. People used to ask me all the time, "whats it worth?" I used to say, with my dumb look, "Oh yeah" and give a stupid nod. Now I just say, "nothing, its too much fun."

Personally, I am looking for either a factory RED or a factory WHITE car, why because I like them, they certainly are not worth any more than the next color.
RARE  Signature Delete

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 11:35:48 AM »
I’ve been fortunate to have owned a White, Green and Red Hertz cars.  Each one was and is great and the only comment I get is that it’s not a real Shelby because all Hertz cars were black and gold.  We here all know the truth. 

Comments and observations: The Green one received the “elegant”, vote the White one “was missing the blue strips” and the Red on was considered the best looking and receives the most attention. 

I personally like them all.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »
I personally would be ALOT more concerned with the overall integrity/authenticity of the car than the color.Color is subjective and (with rare exceptions)shouldn’t make much of a difference in cars this rare. IMHO...

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
This may have been discussed before? I am curious if the color of a Hertz car effects the price range if all things are equal? I know Shelby built more Black cars than the rest?
Thanks

Sorry for all the noise, yes color matters for resale if that's your concern.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Ducecpe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 01:39:56 AM »
Thank you all for your thoughtful reply's. Yes I am in the market for a 66 Hertz car. I am considering a Green car and a Black car.  Both cars are great cars. I have yet to personally inspect either car, so it may be a no brained after I look and drive them both. I used to own a Black n Gold car and prefer that color, but the Green car seems to be as original as the Black. So my question was just to help me in my decision making process. 

GT350AUS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 02:31:13 AM »
Thank you all for your thoughtful reply's. Yes I am in the market for a 66 Hertz car. I am considering a Green car and a Black car.  Both cars are great cars. I have yet to personally inspect either car, so it may be a no brained after I look and drive them both. I used to own a Black n Gold car and prefer that color, but the Green car seems to be as original as the Black. So my question was just to help me in my decision making process.

Don’t forget White, Red and Blue...all look great with the gold stripes but the Black and Gold is what people know Hertz cars to be.

Personally mine is White with Gold and I like...just my 2 cents

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »
Love it, you sound like me, nothing,  one dollar, whatever one wants to say it is worth or is willing to pay for it

People used to ask me all the time, "whats it worth?"

Now I just say, "nothing, its too much fun."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:56:58 AM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy