News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Share a picture of your 66 GT350

Started by J_Speegle, January 20, 2018, 04:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX4781

SFM6S1342 during a road tour this past Summer, with six other Virginia based 1966 GT350 owners and their cars (up near Charlottesville VA).

Dave

69mach351w

Quote from: ChrisV289 on June 19, 2019, 11:42:24 PM
Sharing a pic of both 6S1497 and 6S1502 together at the shelby show in Texas a few years ago. Interesting fact even though their Shelby VINs are 5 off the Ford VINs are consecutive. Check out the license plates. 1502 is currently owned by my father.
Seen the Jerry Heasley YT video of 1502 and wondered what ever happened to it.

Wow, so cool to see it sitting there. The last time I seen this car was featured on Heasley's YT channel sunk up to its axles in leaves and dirt. And tons of rust.

Did Parker at Bosscars.com end up doing the massive resto on it? Man, would like to see photos and/or a write up of some sort on the restoration on this special Hertz car.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

The "restored car" in Jerry Heasly's video is my car 1431
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

69mach351w

@Steve Mcd,
It can't be because it plainly shows the SFM# plate as 6S1502. Watch video at 11:58-12:03.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQtSWiSBt_M&t=1099s

silverton_ford

Quote from: 69mach351w on December 06, 2021, 03:33:36 PM
@Steve Mcd,
It can't be because it plainly shows the SFM# plate as 6S1502. Watch video at 11:58-12:03.

The unrestored car in the video is not 1502.  I don't have my registry handy at the moment to verify the number, but it is either a 62 or 82 not a 02. 

1502 is alive and well and has been owned by it's current owner since 1998.  6S1502 attached. (photo was posted on the Shelby Owners GT350 1965 & 1966 Facebook group).

69mach351w

Ooops, sorry. Honest mistake. Looked like a "Zero" to me ;D

But, does anyone here know the restoration info to-date on the one in the video?

Hard to believe after removing 50% or more of the original car from SA, that it can still be called original.

Seems the only few things they're using is the glass, motor, tranny, rearend, etc...

All body panels/doors are being replaced except the top. All complete one piece floor pan, we know that the unibody is shot, along with the trunk area, drop-offs, etc,etc,...that's well over 50% of the original Shelby.

I know, I know, this has been discussed in-depth. But, what would be the difference putting all the glass, the COMPLETE drivetrain, radiator top tank, bottom tank,  and MAYBE a useable (chuckle) piece of the trunk area and/or rockers, etc, etc.,,,, on another body and calling it original?

Parker himself keeps saying "Original service replacement fenders will being used because all FB's share the same,  original doors from a donor FB, Service replacement deck lid, NOS complete floorpan, Parker even mentioned replacing the left shock tower, NOS this, NOS that, service replacement,etc, etc, etc.....

I have never understood any of that.  If I had to guess, only a small % of the original car is being salvaged. I'm sure sheetmetal date codes play a big part in the equation, but finding a good donor car with dates the same?? 

I wouldn't want a Shelby that was 50-75% from donor and a bunch NOS service parts. Even 75% of the interior is being replaced.
Someone explain the "Difference".

Still trying to make sense of a severe basket case that was left out to ROT and try like Hell to bring it back with a Huge amount of other car parts.

****All is JMO***

And sure all of us will and can have biased, and their own opinions.

silverton_ford

Quote from: 69mach351w on December 06, 2021, 03:57:25 PM
Ooops, sorry. Honest mistake. Looked like a "Zero" to me ;D

But, does anyone here know the restoration info to-date on the one in the video?

Hard to believe after removing 50% or more of the original car from SA, that it can still be called original.

Seems the only few things they're using is the glass, motor, tranny, rearend, etc...

All body panels/doors are being replaced except the top. All complete one piece floor pan, we know that the unibody is shot, along with the trunk area, drop-offs, etc,etc,...that's well over 50% of the original Shelby.

I know, I know, this has been discussed in-depth. But, what would be the difference putting all the glass, the COMPLETE drivetrain, radiator top tank, bottom tank,  and MAYBE a useable (chuckle) piece of the trunk area and/or rockers, etc, etc.,,,, on another body and calling it original?

Parker himself keeps saying "Original service replacement fenders will being used because all FB's share the same,  original doors from a donor FB, Service replacement deck lid, NOS complete floorpan, Parker even mentioned replacing the left shock tower, NOS this, NOS that, service replacement,etc, etc, etc.....

I have never understood any of that.  If I had to guess, only a small % of the original car is being salvaged. I'm sure sheetmetal date codes play a big part in the equation, but finding a good donor car with dates the same?? 

I wouldn't want a Shelby that was 50-75% from donor and a bunch NOS service parts. Even 75% of the interior is being replaced.
Someone explain the "Difference".

Still trying to make sense of a severe basket case that was left out to ROT and try like Hell to bring it back with a Huge amount of other car parts.

****All is JMO***

And sure all of us will and can have biased, and their own opinions.

Here is the original thread for the car - http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=9203.0

69mach351w

Yea, nice. But still didn't address anything that I was discussing.

All it matters to is the owner in the End....

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: 69mach351w on December 06, 2021, 03:33:36 PM
@Steve Mcd,

At the end when Jerry is showing the rusty car and then a restored car at around 23:00 that is my car Maryland Tag GT350HZ
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

69mach351w

Gotcha now Steve. Your Hertz is Sick!!

8)

6S1523

This is 6S1523 as it is currently residing in the garage.  I've been cleaning, scraping, and prepping for paint in the engine compartment and underneath the body.  After it's reasonably sorted, it will be time to start angering the curmudgeons around here by using parts that did't come from 56 year old boxes.

If you're going to drive it the best part is the one that works IMHO.

69mach351w

@6S1523....I'm all-for getting 'em back on the road, just don't understand the logic behind what I was discussing at post #155.

Nice Project. Keep us informed on your journey.

427hunter

Quote from: 69mach351w on December 19, 2021, 05:12:45 AM
@6S1523....I'm all-for getting 'em back on the road, just don't understand the logic behind what I was discussing at post #155.

Nice Project. Keep us informed on your journey.

It's the great debate - for me all that matters is that the body is the one that came from SJ to SA to the buyer. IMO that's the car and all of the history that goes with it; so If that's all original I don't care about a block number. I look at a block as a service part.  There is another group that cares more about the numbers and not about the body, they look at the body as a service part.   
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

kram350

6S2072. I know wrong wheels, from my '65, but I have five restored '66 10 spokes if I want to go back, just 20 lug nuts.  Just love the look of the Cragers.