Author Topic: Share a picture of your 66 GT350  (Read 43790 times)

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Share a picture of your 66 GT350
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »
Yes sir.

SFM 6 S068, please email me. I’d like to discuss the Carryover Owners Group with you.

Just click on the orange “SFM6S087” to the left of this message to view my profile. You’ll find my email address there.

Thanks,
Steve

rraceme

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2019, 05:15:48 PM »
Since Feb 2019 the proud 3rd owner of 6S 2227. Never thought I would find a real GT-350 and in my Favorite color - Sapphire Blue. I plan to start my own restoration work next spring.
SFM 6S2227

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2019, 05:23:47 PM »
Since Feb 2019 the proud 3rd owner of 6S 2227. Never thought I would find a real GT-350 and in my Favorite color - Sapphire Blue. I plan to start my own restoration work next spring.
Great to hear about another one being saved.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2019, 10:16:20 PM »
Congratulations - Git 'r done.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Dunerider777

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2019, 02:08:09 PM »
Here is 6S1164

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »

Please tell us more how you found and the story behind the car.  Any pictures in it as found state with those muddy tires.  Looks like someone was starting to strip paint off the car.  Be careful on your restoration.  A full tear down to the shell and back could take years without a good plan.  I am assuming you might want to drive sometime as well.  Enjoy the journey.

Thanks for sharing

Cory

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2019, 06:19:23 AM »
A couple quick pics of 6S1902. Finished with a true nut and bolt rotisserie restoration back in 2013. Could not have done it without everyone's help and support from this forum and the hipo forum.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
A couple quick pics of 6S1902. Finished with a true nut and bolt rotisserie restoration back in 2013. Could not have done it without everyone's help and support from this forum and the hipo forum.

Very nice, and congrats! 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2019, 11:38:32 PM »
A couple quick pics of 6S1902. Finished with a true nut and bolt rotisserie restoration back in 2013. .....

The car has come a long way - Congrats :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2019, 07:40:02 AM »
A couple quick pics of 6S1902. Finished with a true nut and bolt rotisserie restoration back in 2013. .....

The car has come a long way - Congrats :)
Thank you Jeff, truly without you we would have never known where to start and where to end! We took your advise and the car is now what we wanted. There are details for the next owner to work on as we just decided to keep some stuff original. Upholstery and door panels original, we kept our cracked steering wheel, did not re chrome the vent windows, kept our cracked plastic bezels for the plexiglass windows. Everything else though..nuts and bolt beautiful with factory details galore!! She is going up for sale soon, not sure how to handle that yet as my father wants me to take care of the sale. He wants to repaint it without the stripes as it did not come with, them not sure if that will help or hurt the sale. This car has been a passion of love. When my father bought it from his cousin back in 67 it sat in his garage almost its entire life with 39,000 original miles on the original engine and drive train. I remember as a kid just seeing it parked in the garage and thinking one day I would drive it. But when I got old enough and got my 65 fastback I just wanted it to be better and faster than the shelby..well I got faster but never better lol. Again Jeff you were pivotal in our build and owe so much to you, not to take away from everyones help, gaines, cowles, perkins, curylo to name a few and countless members here on this forum..to many names for me to remember but you all know who you are and gratitude goes out to you all as well. This community is outstanding with class act members. Thank you!

kram350

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
6S2072 just finished. 10 spokes the boxes, just like original Cragers.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »
Beautiful car!  I like the antenna delete as well.  Makes the lines so much cleaner.  I've seen kill switches put in place of the antenna which to me is an acceptable substitute.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2019, 11:33:32 PM »
Here is 6S1164
Gotta appreciate that Hertz blue and gold. Sah-weet!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2019, 11:34:57 PM »

Congrats.  Looks like a good solid body to work with.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »
Beautiful car!  I like the antenna delete as well.  Makes the lines so much cleaner.  I've seen kill switches put in place of the antenna which to me is an acceptable substitute.

+1.  Beautiful car!
Nothing beats a classic!