News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New gt500

Started by 6s1461, June 28, 2020, 10:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1461

Has any bought the new gt500, if so what are people paying?

FL SAAC

yes marked up over $200 at a local dealer
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Greg

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 24, 2020, 10:05:03 AM
yes marked up over $200 at a local dealer

That dealer should pass around what he is smoking, we could all use it... LOL
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Quote from: 6s1461 on June 28, 2020, 10:49:49 AM

From what I have read, for the CFTP package, about $15-$20,000 over sticker.

FL SAAC

In the tri county area they gave been marking them up $50k

These fools really out did themselves

I heard about this one and could not believe it, so I had someone snap a picture of the invoice 200,999 show me the money !

Quote from: 2112 on July 24, 2020, 10:42:28 AM
Quote from: 6s1461 on June 28, 2020, 10:49:49 AM

From what I have read, for the CFTP package, about $15-$20,000 over sticker.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Royce Peterson

A friend of mine bought a new 2007 GT500 Shelby. He had to pay $25K over sticker price to get one at the time. Today that car is worth maybe $25K. He sold his 1969 428SCJ Mach 1 Mustang with factory 4 speed in order to pay $90K for that Shelby.

If he still had the Mach 1 it would be worth around $100K. Not seeing the appeal of the new ones personally. If they were a little more money than a new Mustang then maybe. Paying a dealer markup? Not me!
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Shelby_r_b

I watched a new 2020 GT500 cross the block at Mecum Indy this past week.  It was the first GT500 (that I'm aware) that went to public auction.  Attached is the picture of the sticker; which totaled $81,585.  The buyer paid $99,000 all in.  However the seller netted $82K.  After shipping the car to the auction, auction entrance fees (probably $1,500) TT&L, and (from what I understand) a $20K mark up, the seller lost out quite a bit.

From what I'm seeing in the market, the desirability for the newer GT350 / GT350Rs is greater than that of the new GT500s, especially, if you compare sales prices of the GT350s when they first came out versus the 2020 GT500s.
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

Good observation

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on July 24, 2020, 11:34:14 AM
I watched a new 2020 GT500 cross the block at Mecum Indy this past week.  It was the first GT500 (that I'm aware) that went to public auction.  Attached is the picture of the sticker; which totaled $81,585.  The buyer paid $99,000 all in.  However the seller netted $82K.  After shipping the car to the auction, auction entrance fees (probably $1,500) TT&L, and (from what I understand) a $20K mark up, the seller lost out quite a bit.

From what I'm seeing in the market, the desirability for the newer GT350 / GT350Rs is greater than that of the new GT500s, especially, if you compare sales prices of the GT350s when they first came out versus the 2020 GT500s.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Shelby_r_b

Consequently, (and not to stir the Corvette pot!) a 2020 Corvette also crossed the block at Mecum Indy (this is the first C9 Corvette to be auctioned publicly to my knowledge).  The sticker on that car was $68,490.  The buyer paid $106,700 all in, and the bidding was pretty fast and furious.  The seller netted $87,300 or more.  Quite the nice profit, even with shipping, entrance fees and TT&L. 

What's interesting in contrasting the new GT500 and the new C9 Corvette, is that the UAW strike, coupled with the Corvette plant shutdown due to the pandemic, has shortened the supply of new Corvettes.  Also, the Corvettes that are being produced for 2020 (some who ordered a 2020 Corvette were not picked up by GM and are going to be produced as 2021 Corvettes) are almost all sold orders.  So, if someone wanted a 2020 Corvette, and you didn't get an order that was picked up back in March, you're in for a wait.  I believe this is driving the incredible markup seen on recent sale at Indy.

Just my 2 cents...  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

Another astute assumption on the C8s.

What is also occurring in the market due to the strike, production interruptions, pandemic etc. Is that the new owners of C8s are spinning them off to the "THOSE CAN'T WAIT GUYS" at some pretty healthy profits.

We will patiently wait for the second or third round of these new marvelous disposable world class sports cars.

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on July 24, 2020, 11:46:34 AM
Consequently, (and not to stir the Corvette pot!) a 2020 Corvette also crossed the block at Mecum Indy (this is the first C9 Corvette to be auctioned publicly to my knowledge).  The sticker on that car was $68,490.  The buyer paid $106,700 all in, and the bidding was pretty fast and furious.  The seller netted $87,300 or more.  Quite the nice profit, even with shipping, entrance fees and TT&L. 

What's interesting in contrasting the new GT500 and the new C9 Corvette, is that the UAW strike, coupled with the Corvette plant shutdown due to the pandemic, has shortened the supply of new Corvettes.  Also, the Corvettes that are being produced for 2020 (some who ordered a 2020 Corvette were not picked up by GM and are going to be produced as 2021 Corvettes) are almost all sold orders.  So, if someone wanted a 2020 Corvette, and you didn't get an order that was picked up back in March, you're in for a wait.  I believe this is driving the incredible markup seen on recent sale at Indy.

Just my 2 cents...  :D

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 24, 2020, 01:05:21 PM
Another astute assumption on the C8s.

What is also occurring in the market due to the strike, production interruptions, pandemic etc. Is that the new owners of C8s are spinning them off to the "THOSE CAN'T WAIT GUYS" at some pretty healthy profits.
Always the case and there are a lot more Corvette fans than GT350-500 fans. I knew a guy and his brother who bought 3 very early spots for a Cessna Citation. By the time the smoke cleared they had sold the 2 earliest spots and paid for 75% of their plane with the profits. I was glad they got it we used to go drain fuel out of it to keep our kerosene shop heater running.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

cali_kr

A buddy of mine just picked his up at MSRP.

The Ford Store In Morgan Hill CA does NOT add any ADM on any car/truck.

Another buddy got his at $5k over in Dallas TX
SAAC National member since 1981
SAAC NorCal member since 1985 (past editor, DRIVEN) past Board Member
Team Shelby Charter member & State Director

KerryBWhite

I just spoke with them today.

O.C. Welch will order you one and sell it for MSRP also.

Great to deal with and has a very nice collection of Ford and Ford Performance cars.

https://goseeoc.com/

4920 Independence Blvd • Hardeeville, SC 29927
Local: (843) 288-0100

Quote from: KerryBWhite on July 24, 2020, 09:34:52 PM
I just spoke with them today.

O.C. Welch will order you one and sell it for MSRP also.

Great to deal with and has a very nice collection of Ford and Ford Performance cars.

https://goseeoc.com/

4920 Independence Blvd • Hardeeville, SC 29927
Local: (843) 288-0100

Quote from: cali_kr on July 24, 2020, 09:07:53 PM
A buddy of mine just picked his up at MSRP.

The Ford Store In Morgan Hill CA does NOT add any ADM on any car/truck.

Another buddy got his at $5k over in Dallas TX

CFTP or base cars?

Big difference.

SFM6S087

I have a friend who wanted to buy one of these. The local dealer effectively held an auction, promising to sell the car to the person who bid the highest number over the retail sticker price. My friend won, but his bid was not as high as the dealer wanted and they refused to sell him the car at his bid winning price. This from a dealer he had previously purchased many new Fords from. He was disgusted and ended up buying a new Corvette. Oh, and he won't be buying any more cars from that dealer.

Steve