News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Is that a Shelby? why, YES IT IS.

Started by tesgt350, July 17, 2020, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

J_Speegle

Think I saw the car a number of times back in the late 80's in SoCal. Don't recall the owners name

Pretty easy to get bit parts in movies and later music videos or rent out your car to the studios if you drove what they were looking for. Did it a number of times during college year locally. Better than going to class most of the time  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Thats really cool, good song also...
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bigfoot

At quick glance one of the guitarist,...I think Vito,..looks a great deal like Eddie Van Halen
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

s2ms

Quote from: Bigfoot on July 18, 2020, 11:38:34 AM
At quick glance one of the guitarist,...I think Vito,..looks a great deal like Eddie Van Halen

Yes, Vito Bratta, amazing guitarist.

The video was also discussed a little in this thread...

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=2015.msg28315#msg28315
Dave - 6S1757

427heaven

I hacked many a Mustang dash to install 8 track players then the super cool cassette players to get my driving music on. Then bigger, louder , faster engines came along, then there was no more need for 70s- 80s type music. Spent my pay checks for things under the hood. What a great time to be young and enjoy all the things that were going on at the time, including a few run ins with the long arm of the law while exersizing my ponies. I can still remember most of the lyrics to those great bands and songs. A trip down memory lane was most enjoyable. ;D

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 17, 2020, 11:45:15 PMPretty easy to get bit parts in movies and later music videos or rent out your car to the studios
Their first offer was always - your car will be worth more if you loan it to us. Then of course they offered $100 and finally up to about $500 if the car was rare and valuable. One good Hollywood budget scam was to buy a car for the movie that the producer, director or star wanted. When filming was over they gave or sold it cheap to who wanted it.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 18, 2020, 02:48:23 PM
Their first offer was always - your car will be worth more if you loan it to us. Then of course they offered $100 and finally up to about $500 if the car was rare and valuable. One good Hollywood budget scam was to buy a car for the movie that the producer, director or star wanted. When filming was over they gave or sold it cheap to who wanted it.

I was referring more to cars used as fillers or props as background a long time ago now  ::) In those days I drove 30's and 40's hot rods to school and a fair number of locally filmed movies were centered around the 40-50's so it all fit well together.  One example was when they were filming some scenes at a local fancy university and I had finals at the jr college down the street. Saw a number of friends from the car clubs and street racing hanging around school - they had found it before I had so I pulled in and got the lay of the land. Walked over to a guy in charge of the extras and asked if they had any jobs. Figured a little extra pocket money would not hurt. The guy said they had all they needed but as I walked towards my car the guy called back and offered me $50 to leave it parked there to walk to my finals. As the week went on I got paid more if my car was moving, if I was in a shot I got more. Found out this way of working kept me from having to join the actors union.

Later found out they had an open account at a gas station in town (just pull up - drop a name and fill up, would feed you three meals if you got in line at the right time and they had hired a bunch of high school girls for the movie also. So it was a young guys dream.  All the gas, food and company we we could want for a short time. Think I did four movies that summer. Most of those were made for TV movies.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

69mach351w

Quote from: 427heaven on July 18, 2020, 12:51:15 PM
I hacked many a Mustang dash to install 8 track players then the super cool cassette players to get my driving music on. Then bigger, louder , faster engines came along, then there was no more need for 70s- 80s type music. Spent my pay checks for things under the hood. What a great time to be young and enjoy all the things that were going on at the time, including a few run ins with the long arm of the law while exersizing my ponies. I can still remember most of the lyrics to those great bands and songs. A trip down memory lane was most enjoyable. ;D
I know you ain't Wrong, My Friend ;D

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 18, 2020, 04:58:26 PMwould feed you three meals if you got in line at the right time
I used to have several studios and TV stations for accounts. Universal was the best. When I got there the guy would drag out the shooting schedule and pick the one with the best craft services for me to go to for a free lunch. Disney was the worst. Only a commissary food was good but no freebies.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JWH

After watching the movie Spinal Tap, I can't watch a "hair band" without parts of that movie coming back to me.
         I really like the overhead shots of the Shelby streaking down the highway.
Jeff

shelbymann1970

Cool video thanks for sharing. Now i'm wondering if this wasn't one of Larry Quay's old cars. He had a black with gold stripes GT350 in 1990 and brought it from California  to the SAAC show in AA Mi. Here it is next to my 2 Shelbys I had at the time. Wheels on both of my Shelbys were just restored and got them just before the show thanks to Craig Conley. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)