News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What did you do to your '67 today?

Started by rmarble57, July 18, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedgeman

Went to a cruise in with a 68 & 66.... 8)

silverton_ford

Hov

Well you also got them in chronological order from left to right......66,67,68. That took some time.

S7MS427

Saturday night I went to a cruise at a local mall...
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

oldcanuck

Quote from: Hov on July 12, 2021, 01:50:14 AM
Well you also got them in chronological order from left to right......66,67,68. That took some time.

You may want to look again .........
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

rmarble57

#23 is now tucked away inside of the Aerovault due to my clutch foot having to be operated on (arthritis) this coming Thursday.  Hope is that it will emerge again for the MCA Mustang Round-Up in Oklahoma over Labor Day Weekend.  Until then, it was fresh fuel, battery tender and detail.

deathsled

Quote from: nwfire on July 11, 2021, 11:33:47 PM
We took #906 (1967 GT500) out Saturday the 10th with a few friends with various make cars on a drive from Mount Vernon, WA. to Winthrop, WA., across the North Cross Highway for a beautiful drive.  About 275 miles roundtrip.  One of the most beautiful drives you'll encounter.  Mountain passes about 5700 feet in elevation, light traffic, 3 large dams on the Skagit River that produce power for the City of Seattle and plenty of pull-outs to take in the views.  Oh, cold beer at each end of the drive also!
If you have any video please post!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

csheff

Took the battery out to have looked at

TedS

Since I have a 68 I haven't followed this thread much, if any, but having just read most of the posts I really like the context. Not everything we do on a "routine" basis involves major investment of time and money but can be a big part of our overall enjoyment of the cars. Kind of like the "grocery getter" thread.

Ted

FlyNavy

Been too darn hot to do anything, so I finished scanning all of my decent 1967 GT350/500 35mm photos I've taken going back to 1982, but mostly taken in from 1995 to present, including SAAC conventions, shows, etc.  I posted them on the 1967 Shelby Research Group page on Facebook for now.  I did not take many photos of Shelby ID tags, so it's up to people to ID their cars and provide their number and information.  Was able to provide a pretty decent photo of a 68 GT500 on track at SAAC 22 to an owner.   

shelbyhertz66

I was not happy with the paint on this 67 Shelby so today I decided to try going over it with clay bar
using an automotive wash soap diluted with water in a spray bottle to keep the surface slippery for the clay bar.
The paint always had a rough feel to it when you ran your hand over it.  It was not hard to do and what
an amazing difference. Then buffed it with a fine finishing product and waxed.  The paint now feels slick to the touch.
I really doubted the clay bars worth but I learned something new.  The whole process improved it about 40%
Dave

Lfino

Bolted on headers, and will try to install with them.
I have been assured it will work!?
Guess we'll find out shortly.

DGSOH

I cursed at it.

I can't remember if it was after the clutch went out and before I burned my hand on the exhaust or after I burned my hand. I just hope I didn't make it even more mad at me.

Maybe I should have sent it a strongly worded press release instead? Either way, damage done.

I'd just repaired a u-joint and went for, shall we say, a spirited 20 mile run, you know - for test purposes. Fortunately the clutch went out on my last downshift before turning into the driveway and managed to roll all the way down and into the barn so I guess it's not totally heartless... could have been stuck somewhere.

Arghhhh!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Lfino on July 28, 2021, 11:30:44 PM
Bolted on headers, and will try to install with them.
I have been assured it will work!?
Guess we'll find out shortly.
It has been a while since your post and I am curious if you found that you were assured correctly.  ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Installed my new Dead Nuts On reproduction driveshaft!

Jon