News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What did you do to your '67 today?

Started by rmarble57, July 18, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Use your heat gun and take the jack sticker off of the trunk lid underside. On your very early car I have seen it on the back of the trap door.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

for your early car you may want the other jack sticker, the one you have maybe for a later in the year car...

nice fixing - fragile stuff.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

rmarble57

Thanks much.  Where I might find the "early" sticker?

427heaven

Got the front suspension tracking straight in the low, lean and mean position. We shall see soon enough. Getting oh so close, pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 08, 2022, 08:39:27 PM
Use your heat gun and take the jack sticker off of the trunk lid underside. On your very early car I have seen it on the back of the trap door.
I thought i would mention for those reading that may not be aware, the jacking instruction sticker was installed at Ford San Jose and not Shelby. The 67 Shelby's were delivered without rear deck lids and hoods (SoCal temperate weather) . The majority of the cars had the jack sticker placed on the right side trunk floor . It was hard to see with a spare tire installed but "that's just the way it is" as you know who always says.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rmarble57

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JD

Quote from: rmarble57 on January 08, 2022, 09:59:55 PM
Thanks much.  Where I might find the "early" sticker?

NPD, "D-247" is their part number for that version ;-)

(the part number for the later version jack sticker, the one in post reply #195 the third image , is D-41)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67411F--0100-ENG.

There is always an exception to the rule...............

Here is a photo of 0100 taken by Motor Trend magazine on 12/12/66.

Thanks,
Eric

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on January 10, 2022, 03:25:30 PM

Thanks,
Eric
Eric, that evidence is great documentation for your specific car. ;) You are lucky that your car was used as a magazine car back in the day among other things. It would not be good evidence for most any other 67 Shelby given that location was not typical. I thought I would point this out just in case someone thought just because it was that way on Eric's car it automatically made it concours correct for others 67 Shelby's . Of course someone could put the sticker anywhere they want to but expect push back if trying to justify that location in Concours venues. 

Bob Gaines

Thanks,
Eric
Exceptions typically require evidence to support the out of the ordinary for a given car. Eric's evidence in this case is pretty iron clad.

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 10, 2022, 05:30:03 PM

Thanks,
Eric
Exceptions typically require evidence to support the out of the ordinary for a given car. Eric's evidence in this case is pretty iron clad.

Hello Bob,

I did look through my photos of cars 0050 and 0173.  Unfortunately, I do not have photos of those two cars with their trunks open.

Thanks,
Eric

honker

r:e jack labels, all the photos I have in my files of '67s from new back in the day, barn finds, unrestored cars, others that would fit

this criteria, I have only one that shows the underside of the trunk lid with visible jack sticker, and it's #2803 at a show in Quebec,

Canada circa 1986, and that's the restored car.

rmarble57

Continuing on with the winter taillight section project. 

Fiberglass parts are straightened, repaired & painted and ready for reassembly.

Passenger side taillight box riveted in - 5 Rivets lined up on the top, 4 on the bottom.  Cutouts by Shelby too big for the other positions.

The next project may not be applauded by the purists, but I'm tired of smelling the fumes inside the car from the vented fuel cap.
I purchased the vent line made for the '69 Shelby's which was invented to keep those cars from going up in flames from the vented fuel cap right above the exhaust.
The '69 trunk width is wider than the '67 so I used a tubing bender and modified it to fit.
Drilled a small hole in the fuel filler and then used a tapered punch to enlarge the hole and give some metal where I could tap it.
Used a 90 degree 1/8" pipe x 5/16" barbed fitting and ran flexible tubing from that up to the metal vent line. 
Used the tabs designed to hold the taillight wiring to secure the line.
Ran the bottom line out through a grommet and out into the open space.
Will have a non-vented cap inside the flat flip fuel lid.
As always, no extra holes etc in the car proper where everything could be put back if someone actually likes the smell of 93 octane + booster!