News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What did you do to your '67 today?

Started by rmarble57, July 18, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

Ouch on the fill-up!

Great when the right parts are in-place.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

greekz

Quote from: Skidado on April 23, 2022, 02:02:25 PM

Rebuilt the rear brakes with correct Fairlane cylinders and new linings  - big improvement!🙂.

Filled the gas tank £90 (~$115) 😕 in preparation for trip out to The Classic Motor Barn in the Cotswolds (UK) tomorrow 🙂

That is a hefty amount.  But, measured in happiness per mile(kilometer) it is well worth it.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

GT350DAVE

Adjusted the steering box and replaced the brake light switch.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

greekz

Quote from: GT350DAVE on April 23, 2022, 05:34:19 PM
Dave

Did you use an NOS switch or a reproduction?  I used an NOS switch when replacing mine a few months back.  Just wondering if a old service part will last longer than a reproduction switch.

owenkelley

Put a new battery and voltage regulator in it a couple weeks ago, drove it to cars and coffee this morning.

GT350DAVE

Quote from: greekz on April 23, 2022, 09:17:59 PM
Quote from: GT350DAVE on April 23, 2022, 05:34:19 PM
Dave

Did you use an NOS switch or a reproduction?  I used an NOS switch when replacing mine a few months back.  Just wondering if a old service part will last longer than a reproduction switch.
I used a reproduction from Branda. I have had this issue with one of my other cars and used the same successfully. It gets harder every year to get under the dash. Long arms and big hands don't help.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

greekz

Thank you for the information.  I can identify with getting under the dash, getting older does not help either, less flexible.  Glad my car is an automatic, made it easier to change.

Greek

T-Bone68

Brake light switch:  Even more fun to replace when the previous owner somehow managed to put it on backwards, with the u-slot outside negating the ability to slip it off with just a slight horizontal movement.

Additional previous owner fix yesterday... the little brackets that secure the bottom of the fenders behind the front wheel well.  Somehow mine never could correctly tighten down and the bolts were at a funny angle.  Took the right one off to soak in Evaporust, straighten the bends and chase the threads.  When going to put back on noticed an "L" and it didn't seem to fit right.  Thought surely not, and yup, the one on the left side had an "R".

greekz

Backwards, I have a hard enough time putting in on the correct way.  That answers the question why the fender brackets were on opposite sides.

greekz

I noticed today when I took #2339 out for a spin there was a loud knock like noise when turning the wheel to the left when ready to leave my parking spot.  Not sure what might cause that, but will have to investigate tomorrow.  Hopefully, nothing too serious.

rmarble57

Keels and Wheels Concours in Houston.
3 '67's in attendance.
Red, White and Blue.
White #23
Blue #508
Red #3123

honker

Thanks for posting, patriotic colours ! I like the blue car with parchment !

Mike

roddster

5/1/2022
  Swapped out the storage wheels and put on the Magstars, changed the oil, adjusted the valves.  Ready to roll now.  Just have to wipe it down and wax it.

JD

Quote from: rmarble57 on May 01, 2022, 10:09:44 AM
Keels and Wheels Concours in Houston.
3 '67's in attendance.
Red, White and Blue.
White #23
Blue #508
Red #3123

Randy Great looking cars, thanks.

Interesting -  #23  and #3123 - 3100 cars a part, lots of differences and nice bookends.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

rmarble57

#23 & #3123 reside about 10 miles from each other.