News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Motor Trend Review 2007 and up S H E L B Y GTs

Started by FL SAAC, July 22, 2020, 04:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

We own a 2007 Shelby GTH convertible and agree with this great MT review. Enjoy Matt Stone's throwback segment on this wonderful S H E L B Y car. If you own (or have owned) a 2007/2008 Shelby GT you know what we are talking about good acceleration and great handling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Wdwj5a2Pl6M
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

jerry merrill

In 2013 here in California at the Saac convention open track event i was talking to Gary Patterson, the VP of Shelby American and he predicted that in my 2007 Shelby GT that I would not have any problems with the majority of the GT 500s on this track which was the California Speedway and after I ran I was amazed to find out he was right. I expected the 500 hp cars to blow by me but that was not really the case as the better suspension on the Shelby GT compensated for the power deficit. Now on a drag strip it would be a different story. These cars handle amazingly well. Lookup the 2010 Royal Purple forum challenge. A 2008 Shelby GT took on and placed 1st overall against a whole bunch of different types of fast cars, it was an amazing feat.

FL SAAC

We have worked on our front suspension and rear suspension. It's dropped, bigger rear front away bars, better springs all around, gt500 front control arms, poly bushings in rear lower control arms, steeda aluminum rear upper and lower arms , steeda adjustable rear  pan hard bar, wider tires Hankook RS3 in 265/40/18, alignment: -3.0º camber, +7.0º Caster, -0.10º toe (out) i know i am forgetting other stuff.

But it handles like a train on rails

Gary is correct, but if you add a super charger it will be real close against the 500 stock.

You want to get really wild, swap a coyote in with a super charger you will skunk a 500....

Driven and enjoyed !

Quote from: jerry merrill on July 23, 2020, 01:21:33 AM
In 2013 here in California at the Saac convention open track event i was talking to Gary Patterson, the VP of Shelby American and he predicted that in my 2007 Shelby GT that I would not have any problems with the majority of the GT 500s on this track which was the California Speedway and after I ran I was amazed to find out he was right. I expected the 500 hp cars to blow by me but that was not really the case as the better suspension on the Shelby GT compensated for the power deficit. Now on a drag strip it would be a different story. These cars handle amazingly well. Lookup the 2010 Royal Purple forum challenge. A 2008 Shelby GT took on and placed 1st overall against a whole bunch of different types of fast cars, it was an amazing feat.

I have all UNGOLD cars

SPF289FIA

Just picked my 2020 GT350 up yesterday.  Breaking it in and wearing a smile from ear to ear.

Jim

FL SAAC

Superb, ride it like you stole it !

Quote from: SPF289FIA on August 25, 2020, 06:28:20 PM
Just picked my 2020 GT350 up yesterday.  Breaking it in and wearing a smile from ear to ear.

Jim

I have all UNGOLD cars