Author Topic: ^69/70 white stripe kit  (Read 4615 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: ^69/70 white stripe kit
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2020, 12:31:12 PM »
The branda white stripe is really very close - Bob are the ones you judged restored within the last few years?
The Branda  white stripes are typically more then close dimension wise . The white color is brighter when compared to original off white as long as they have been offered as far as I know including current offerings.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2020, 12:36:34 PM »
The branda white stripe is really very close - Bob are the ones you judged restored within the last few years?
If you compare the vintage picture in reply #8 and compare it to yours in reply #22 you can see a difference in the white shade. If they were sitting side by side at a car show it would be a very pronounce difference.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bat-turn

• View Profile
    • rickyoungoutdoors
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »
Yes I agree, my maroon car (post 28 I think) has a strip kit that was original.  Bought in 79 the yellow tint actually matched the white soft top much closer.   

Bat-turn

• View Profile
    • rickyoungoutdoors
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2020, 02:40:14 PM »
I did purchase a white kit from T Branda last week.  It is white for sure, the kit I put on the car in 1979 was 3M and from Ford back then.  It's off white or more yellow.  I think the white one will look good on the Royal Maroon paint, lets just keep that to our selves lol