News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Riley Motorsports to build GT40 next generation.

Started by CSX 4133, August 08, 2020, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

No matter what we may personally feel about this venture I think it's cool and the background story of Bob Riley makes it even better.

https://speedsport.com/sports-cars/other-sports-cars/riley-technologies-to-build-next-generation-of-mk-iv/

shelbydoug

Maybe I should read the entire article but wasn't Holman making continuation Mark IV's? What happened there?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350bp

Thought it was Kenny Thompson and Mike Teske that completed the continuation of the Mark IV's? .

propayne

Lee Holman offered MkIIs starting in the early '90s.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

Quote from: propayne on August 08, 2020, 11:42:54 AM
Lee Holman offered MkIIs starting in the early '90s.

- Phillip

It WAS at SAAC36, at VIR, as I walked around the corner from vendors row, there they were staring me in the face, a Mark II, a J car and a Mark IV. Kenny Thompson was one of the "constructors" there explaining  them.

I recsall the Mark IV was the only one that ran. The J car was a roller and the Mark II was on a trailer.

They were being offered for sale at around 995 each depending on the equipment and it was Lee Holman I was talking to about them and my C6FE aluminum427 heads and what they belonged on. So at that moment, it wasn't just limited to the MkII's.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!