News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby American; USA Transporters and Service Vehicles

Started by Richstang, March 16, 2018, 06:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szabo

Sorry for that *LOL*
i really dont have a drink or a beer at this time ...

i just answered about Mobile phone and with German automatic language spelling correction
it comes to that struggle ...

But Richstang ist right, i can proof it by myself with some pics
but Side-Oilers own pics would be much more important and clearlier.

By my search for the Building i saw some pics with vehicels too, so i will post them here
but i am not sure if they bringing this thread forward.

First a pic from Carter Building with the Red Shelby Truck Nr. 1
for me at this moment my favourite one, would love too see some more pics
or even had it in 1.64 Modelcar Scale (Like Company M2 is doing ist with some other Vehicels)

On the other Pics (you have already post it, i find a third one from the other side)
you see this Shelby Fruck F250 with the Shelby Enterprise Logo

and this one is for sure not a real car, and it seems to be pure fantasy...
but i found it were well done and it have al the right Shelby Logos on it.

Richstang

Quote from: Szabo on June 24, 2019, 03:35:09 PM
Sorry for that *LOL*
i really dont have a drink or a beer at this time ...

First a pic from Carter Building with the Red Shelby Truck Nr. 1
for me at this moment my favourite one, would love too see some more pics
or even had it in 1.64 Modelcar Scale (Like Company M2 is doing ist with some other Vehicels)

Great addition of the CSX 2409 factory photo! Graham Shaw traded in CSX2129 for this new Cobra.
I missed posting it to this thread, but should have noticed that Red cab in the background.
8)

I estimate it was taken sometime in Mid June 1964. Also, it is the only photo I've seen of this Red N650 Super Duty cab in 1964.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

69mach351w

Is it for sale??  The Shelby mini hauler??

I collect any and all Shelby/Mustang miniatures thats unique.

Szabo

Quote from: 69mach351w on June 24, 2019, 08:39:31 PM
Is it for sale??  The Shelby mini hauler??

I collect any and all Shelby/Mustang miniatures thats unique.

its not from me, i just found it on flickr oder pinterest ....
i collect as well some Shelby Modelcars...

69mach351w

Sounds good,
Thanks Szabo 8)

Actually looks to have been privately built, not a kit.

69mach351w

Check out this realistic Ford Cobra hauler miniature.

Richstang

Quote from: 69mach351w on June 24, 2019, 10:49:09 PM

That's pretty cool...what scale is it an who made it?
8)

I still have to start a thread on the European Transporter. It won't be as big as the US version, but I'll include both Shelby and Ford from the era.

Szabo

Quote from: Richstang on March 19, 2018, 03:40:23 PM
Next are the F-Series pickups.

I'm going to take a step back to the white CS Enterprise INC F250. There appear to be more than one truck used. A second white pickup with a Goodyear logo appears at Laguna Seca in 1963. It was parked on the other side of the King Cobra pictures in reply #11. Another photo shows both trucks parked side by side in the pits. I guess the mismatched bed was sold that way from Ford in '63.

Maybe i had some more photos for F250...

Even the text are very interessting,
am i right that they shortly after after (1964) they had the big red Hauler, Nr. 1

on the pic befor we already see Hauler and F250 together ...

Richstang

Those are very cool COLOR photos of the pickups and single car trailers hauling CSX2128 and 2129 to Kent, WA July 20-21 1963.
The captions are especially helpful in telling us three (3) pick-ups and trailers hauled the team Cobra's to the event. The third hauler and Cobra not shown is CSX2127.

I believe these pick-ups were used as haulers only for the all local (west coast) races. The red N650 Super Duty Tractor Trailer was used for the long hauls to places like Sebring. We first see it in February '63 at Sebring, FL and again in early July '63 at Lake Garnett, KS.

69mach351w

Quote from: Richstang on June 24, 2019, 11:18:02 PM
Quote from: 69mach351w on June 24, 2019, 10:49:09 PM

That's pretty cool...what scale is it an who made it?
8)

I still have to start a thread on the European Transporter. It won't be as big as the US version, but I'll include both Shelby and Ford from the era.
Rich, There's a previous post made earlier by Szabo and he mentioned seeing that white Shelby hauler miniature scale on Pinterest, so i went there to look for Shelby haulers and found this one. I couldn't find no info on it :-\

Richstang

69mach351w

Wow  :o

Now that replication is totally awesome. Needs to get a couple figurines in their positions to be complete ;D

Man, I may have to find me one but see if I can get a cheaper price ;D

Thanks Rich,

Rich

Szabo

Maybe a little bit offtopic ... but there is the same Trailer from Norev in in 1.18 Size, cost around 300 Euros in Germany...

but Exoto in 1.43 is totaly overprized for that sized, that´s too much, no matter if you are rich or just a Guy who stands
on the floor.

I own around 100 Mustang and Shelby Modelcars in 1.18, even the same 100 on BMW and 50 or so from other Brands,
and even some in 1.64 Scale too (theres much better to collect all Forms)
but there is no sense to put over 200 Euros on just one Piece.

I for myself looking for these M2 Haulers from Shelby, but only found in Amerika for around 30 Dollar with Shipping around the same,
too much for me, so i sitting here and waiting, in over 20 Years collecting i can say it clearly:

When you are long enough waiting for something you can find everything you want

But pack to this thread:

From the F100 i found sadly nor more Infos, only this one Pic...

From Exoto are several Trailers and Hauler on the Market

From Exoto they are still some haulers on the Market, maybe a good chance too take some
extra pics for a thread, because they Made in right shape with right details...

Should i looking for some pics to Haulers or so ?

honker

It was suggested that there be a separate  thread for Shelby & Ford models, I seem to recall one on the old site ?

Before we get too far off topic, this is pretty cool! here's one I found, Ford P/U & Cooper-Ford. It mentioned that the truck was modified ERTL, Monogram did a Cooper-Ford kit in 1/32, perhaps that is the scale of this outfit ?

Mike

69mach351w

Have we seen this Cobra hauler yet with GT40? Tractor may be the one at page 15 reply#223?

It looks like what seems to be "Laundry drying out" on the front bumper of the tractor! ;D