News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Auto Salon Genf 1966 in Swiss / Performance Ltd. shows GT350, GT40 and more

Started by Szabo, October 25, 2020, 05:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szabo

Maybe i can help here

the white Car is a Porsche Carrera 6  Racecar

the Car behind is not clearly to identify at the moment

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Richstang

Quote from: Szabo on October 27, 2020, 02:41:30 PM

For 67 i found a good Front Pic from the Golden GT40 (surley a After Race Pic) with Graham Hill
and the Floor Plan where the Cars was on the Show

Nice work finding the Floor plans from 1966 at the Geneve Auto Salon (Show). You may not be 100% confident with your two found photos but, showing us the second Ford area where they may have been displayed does raises the likelihood they were there.

This photo at Geneve in 1967 is another great find. What is odd about this car (P/1032 at the European auto shows, the nose paint identifying design was painted in red (florescent red?). The 1966 LeMans race shows the nose painted in flourescent GREEN! It also has some small checkered stickers on the center of the nose and on the door (in front of the bottom air scoop) in two auto show photos. The red paint is heavily weathered, but the '66 LeMans race is the last known race it was entered in. The car appears previous to Geneve, in the Brussels auto show, on January 18th 1967. (Black and White photo). It appears to have the same white chipped paint under the the nose fluorescent paint.

So does anyone know what happened to P/1032 between June '66 at LeMans and January '67 at the Brussels show? I was told by Greg Kolasa that John Holman sent it to his friend Luigi Chinetti after LeMans. Luigi was able to help keep the shipping costs down with his connections, but was it raced or 'tested' in the red nose configuration (?) before the other two auto shows?

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Szabo

Quote from: J_Speegle on October 25, 2020, 06:20:01 PM
Quote from: Szabo on October 25, 2020, 05:06:28 PM
On the Show the Cars was shown on two diffirent places and i found some
pretty good Pics ...

the GT350 in black ?, anybody knows the Vin ?

Considering it was likely a fairly new car why the tires were changed

Hey,

i found some good information about the Tires and the Headrest,
was very difficult but when you never give up, so you can earn some goodies

The Name on the Tires is "Kléber Colombes"
this was a brand of Pneumatiques, Caoutchouc Manufacturé et Plastique Kléber-Colombes
later that company was going down in the well known Tire Company MICHELIN
of course a french Tire Company

you asked because why change brand new tires ? Good question but is a Autoshow and
you can but good advertisment everywhere and this is a preety good place

there was several type of Tires like V10, ER6 and more, but i was not able to find the exact tire type

for the Headrest i came up with this thoughts from a Company "Jeanneret Fréres",
which produced a postionable Headrest without drilling

for 67 Geneve Auto Show i find out which was the Red Car behind GT40 and Carrera6,
it was a Abarth 1300 OT with a big snorchel on it...

also i have to relocate the standort of GT40, Carrera6 and Abarth as the beginning of the Race and Sportscar Section (Gold Spot)
and not on the spot where Ford Performance Cars (Green Spot)

when you looking very closely on the Carrera6 Pic you can check the sign from the roof and under that there
was a Car with Number "31" on it

After a long day with lots of new infos, pics and great replys from you my thoughts getting
closer and closer that my 2 Black&White Pics from GT350 and GT40 are from Paris Autosalon

in German Car Magazins there a not enough good pics from the Paris Auto Show 1966,
i became the Pic from Richstang and want to do more research befor share only thoughts
but maybe on french car magazin and newspaper there are more information

Maybe HONKER can check the Car Newspaper L´Automobile similar to the Swiss Newspaper Auto Revue for some
more pics and Infos ...

Greets from Germany

Stephan

Richstang

Quote from: Szabo on October 27, 2020, 07:42:25 PM

After a long day with lots of new infos, pics and great replys from you my thoughts getting
closer and closer that my 2 Black&White Pics from GT350 and GT40 are from Paris Autosalon[/b]

Greets from Germany

Stephan

Stephan,
After finding the Paris Motor Show photo I mentioned previously, I've compared them directly against your two new found photos.
While there is a very slight change in the background on the left, all the other details match.
They are all definitely from the 'Paris Motor Show" that opened October 6, 1966.
Thanks for all your efforts here.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Szabo

i totally agreed with you ...

The Paris Car Show was from 06-16 October and like i now from German Car Shows (IAA-Frankfurt)
there are always little changes in the display, even visitores want to have some trophys and items
are stolen or damaged on the Show.

But many Details between the three Black / White Pics are correct and the same position,
i can later post maybe 1 or 2 more Details Pics from the GT40 on the Show but nothing big news

i clear also the Thread a little bit for people in the future or just made a quick visit.