News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT500 KR Rare Special Orange Paint | 428 Cobra Jet 4-Speed

Started by BGlover67, August 18, 2020, 12:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 18, 2020, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: GT350AUS on August 18, 2020, 06:21:59 PM
And.....the fender bolts are painted the same color too

I'm not a concourse judge but that's got to drop the value.

OK. So how much are new bolts?

Ha!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 18, 2020, 09:28:24 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on August 18, 2020, 08:47:44 PM
You need a lot more than $10 of bolts to make it concours.

For something 99% of people will never be involved in, its amazing how much attention we give to "concours"
Makes want to go Hmm ;D

Why doe every car NEED to be Concours? You are talking about less then 1% of the community that controls everyone else? The car stands by itself regardless  of a sign off by Concours people. Get over it.

Holy, Holy, Holy. We constantly need this blessing from the head priests for absolution. Priests throughout history have always fought to keep their power.  ::)

Even Concours cars, like people, are rarely perfect, except for some Shelby Judges that is.  ;D

What a bunch of tire kickers. Don't buy it if you don't like the fender bolts. The person that buys it isn't going to Hell. Anything but.

The smell of incense on these posts is not appetizing. Stop it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Why doe every car NEED to be Concours? You are talking about less then 1% of the community that controls everyone else? The car stands by itself regardless  of a sign off by Concours people. Get over it.

Bullseye!

...and can I make a motion to stop the "caution fan" decal comments?

It was funny about ten years ago...where were all these "experts" when I showed a concours car in 2008 without the decal and took the deduction, because I knew it was correct without?

🤔

Disclaimer: As a former concours judge, I am not anti concours. However, Doug's point is spot on, if your not a concours judge dont pretend to be one.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

capecodmustang.com

Why does every car have to be concours?

Thank you..!

Someone finally asked the question....

KR Convertible

Not every car needs to be concours and yes the caution fan comments are stale.  But, when I see painted fender bolts, I think it reflects the quality of the work that has been done on the whole car.  Sure, you can try and change those fender bolts to make it look better, but you know that fender lip wasn't properly prepped for paint and it's going to chip off badly.  Just my $.02. 

shelbydoug

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on August 19, 2020, 08:48:06 AM

Thank you..!

The answer is more important. It doesn't. Make a decision to buy or not to on your own.

Stop interfering in others sales. All that matters is YOU are not buying it, so leave it alone.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 19, 2020, 09:55:05 AM

Thank you..!

The answer is more important. It doesn't. Make a decision to buy or not to on your own.

Stop interfering in others sales. All that matters is YOU are not buying it, so leave it alone.

I couldn't agree with you more.....

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on August 19, 2020, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 19, 2020, 09:55:05 AM

Thank you..!

I couldn't agree with you more.....

+2

Coralsnake

And the thread takes an omnious turn...

Coralsnake

I think the forum has gotten a lot better in not providing a critical critique of cars for sale and prices.

If someone wants a critique or misuses terms then I think its fair game

shelbydoug

"An educated consumer is our best customer" - Sy Syms.

There is benefit to accurate use of technical terms but in the past there has been much too much of the "Monty Python's". "burn the witch" routine here.

"Throw her in the water. If she floats,she's a witch. Burn the witch!"

It's funny for a while but is sad when people actually believe it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: KR Convertible on August 19, 2020, 09:51:29 AM
Not every car needs to be concours and yes the caution fan comments are stale.  But, when I see painted fender bolts, I think it reflects the quality of the work that has been done on the whole car.  Sure, you can try and change those fender bolts to make it look better, but you know that fender lip wasn't properly prepped for paint and it's going to chip off badly.  Just my $.02.

I think that IF CORRECTLY STATED, the color has been changed, is much more significant then if the fender bolts have been painted? Even so the car stands  for itself as is.

IF you're a buyer and you want 30 thousand knocked off the price because of that, good luck, but if you're just a tire kicker, why are you bothering? You're not buying the car, right?

If you want to debate that something else could be wrong with the car as a result of painted fender bolts, how about the connecting rod bolts not being tightened correctly?

Frankly, I think it's a ridiculous statement and you might as well talk about cosmic rays effecting the head gaskets?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

There has always been a few with the insessant desire to badger, belittle, critique and condemn others cars and pricing of such. Somehow this must make them feel like they are a great contributor to the hobby or business of these cars. As has been mentioned before if you are not in the market to buy why make a comment? Going back 10-20 years people might have been concerned if it had a caution fan sticker, an incorrect oil filter, aftermarket ignition module, painted fender bolts etc. No one really cares about these items who are genuinely going to purchase a car, if its wrong they can fix it when they get to it. Maybe a little more positivity, or that's a nice car its in my hood, and can take a look at it for you! I realize we are locked down with a pandemic of epic proportions and our lives are very different from what they used to be, but as a very small automotive niche we can get thru this.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI