Author Topic: 1969 Shelby Grabber Yellow on ebay  (Read 4101 times)

shelby69

• View Profile
1969 Shelby Grabber Yellow on ebay
« on: August 20, 2020, 09:25:17 PM »
Just wondering if anyone saw the yellow 69 Shelby GT350  on ebay right now . Ive been watching it now for few months , its been on there off and on. Now the price is dropped down to 64K . Seems like a very good deal. Any thoughts on the car ?

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: 1969 Shelby Grabber Yellow on ebay
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 07:46:30 AM »
At first glance it appears nice. Unrestored seems to match the photos and what has been repainted looks nice as well. As always, check the history then write the check.

Isnt the way eBay lists cars frustrating? I have had an eBay auction before and found it difficult to search for the car even when I knew it was there!

How anout those prices? Is this really 40k different from the other yellow car?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:50:18 AM by Coralsnake »

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:41:40 AM »
From what I can tell in the pictures the 2nd car looks nicer to me. I see a lot wrong with the car in the first link...Just my 2 cents  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 08:45:01 AM »
At first glance it appears nice. Unrestored seems to match the photos and what has been repainted looks nice as well. As always, check the history then write the check.

Isnt the way eBay lists cars frustrating? I have had an eBay auction before and found it difficult to search for the car even when I knew it was there!

How anout those prices? Is this really 40k different from the other yellow car?

On the Doors, isn't the area between the Weatherstip and the Door Panel supposed to be Black and not Yellow?

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »
Beautiful car
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »
on the $64K car, what is going on with the white around the hole where the AC lines pass thru the radiator support?

Wish the Marti report was rotated and had zoom on it.  I can't read it at all.  Guess I could look up the serial number in my ancient SAAC registry.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 09:53:20 AM »
From what I can tell in the pictures the 2nd car looks nicer to me.

TOB

+1

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »
Wow, '69/70's are a bargain now.  Hard not to justify not jumping into the Shelby hobby when you see a car like that.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »
That has been the lowest price point a 1969 GT350

I think this illustrates the difference between buying a car from a person and a retailer

Buy it!  ;)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 10:24:45 AM »
Not just shelbys, everything has, will or continue to be affected by the pandemic.

The economic impact of the Covid 19 world wide has been largely disruptive. They adversely affected travel, financial markets, employment, essentially all industries.

We are only beginning to understand the direct, and indirect, consequences of Covid 19 .

Not to mention the greater mental health challenges during this pandemic.

Back to the topic, yellow does look pretty cool  !

Wow, '69/70's are a bargain now.  Hard not to justify not jumping into the Shelby hobby when you see a car like that.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 12:33:29 PM »
 I say buy it as well. If you are not sure about condition and options hire one of our in house experts for a little look see. Price of a plane ticket, lunch, cocktails etc will give you peace of mind and a great jump in, price point.

dream car

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »
Just wondering if anyone saw the yellow 69 Shelby GT350  on ebay right now . Ive been watching it now for few months , its been on there off and on. Now the price is dropped down to 64K . Seems like a very good deal. Any thoughts on the car ?
Good price on a 69 GT-350, a yellow 1970 sold on BAT recently for $85,000 plus $4,200 fees.  Have someone check-out for rust on quarter panels, and bottom of doors. Listing say for sell by private owner, checked other item for sells shows lots other cars listed and sold.  Good buy if everything checked out.
DON'T DRIVE AS FAST AS I USED TO 50 YEARS AGO

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
On the Doors, isn't the area between the Weatherstip and the Door Panel supposed to be Black and not Yellow?

Typically on a deluxe/Mach I interior car there is no interior paint applied to the door before or after the exterior color is applied

I would be drawn first to the 9F02M482037 car given it may be a car that has been in Calif all/most of its life. Hopefully away from the coast. Still would need to be checked out completely but the possibility of all original sheet metal with no repairs can be hard to beat IMHO
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:44:02 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge