Author Topic: "Shelbisms" qoutes or something you might have heard Carroll Shelby say.......  (Read 14829 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Thank you taking the time to go through the complete  post.

We thought they are such great sayings that we would mention them again

FL SAAC TONY,  in Replies #28 and #29,  You'd already said both of them in Replies #18 and #23 ::)

Really?? 

OK....Then......

FL SAAC TONY,  in Replies #28 and #29,  You'd already said both of them in Replies #18 and #23 ::)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Thank you for taking the time to go through the complete  post.

We thought they are such great sayings that we would mention them again

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
It sure wasn't easy....

CS

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I never had ambitions to see how rich I could get. I got a lot of contemporaries that that's their ambition, and I don't know very many of them that are happy.

CS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
"Chili"

CS
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:47:01 AM by FL SAAC »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I had a lot of fun driving race cars, but it wasn't my No. 1 priority.
CS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I never made a damn dime until I started doing what I wanted.
CS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I've worked with the SVT guys for several years now, and I know they have the guts, the talent and the passion to deliver the best performance Mustangs ever
C.S

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

early67350

• View Profile
In the 43 years I owned my '67 I had heard once that CS was asked about the shifters in these cars, and his reply was: "I like the Hurst shift due to its quickness and short throw.  The Ford shifter is like using a cane pole in a rain barrel."

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing

In the 43 years I owned my '67 I had heard once that CS was asked about the shifters in these cars, and his reply was: "I like the Hurst shift due to its quickness and short throw.  The Ford shifter is like using a cane pole in a rain barrel."

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I am very pleased that the way the Cobra turned out and how well it was received by everyone, especially enthusiasts and the media.
CS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

TA Coupe

• View Profile
This was told by CS at I believe a Nor-Cal Mini Nats dinner probably in the 90s.

He told how he was called by the owner of a car in England to come over and test drive the car for him. He flew over and went to the track to test drive it and after a couple of laps brought the car back in and told him it drove like -------. The mechanics did some work on the car and he took it out for a few more laps and came back in and said it still drove like ------ and the mechanics worked on it some more. This happened a couple of more times and when  Shelby came back in he said it's still drove like ------ and the owner finally asked him what ------ was and Carroll told him what that meant, a 5 lb sack filled with 10 lb's of sh t. Does anybody else remember this story and what the word was? I have probably thought about this story dozens of times over the years trying to remember what the word was.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
The word is "CHEVY" it drove real CHEVY

This was told by CS at I believe a Nor-Cal Mini Nats dinner probably in the 90s.

He told how he was called by the owner of a car in England to come over and test drive the car for him. He flew over and went to the track to test drive it and after a couple of laps brought the car back in and told him it drove like -------. The mechanics did some work on the car and he took it out for a few more laps and came back in and said it still drove like ------ and the mechanics worked on it some more. This happened a couple of more times and when  Shelby came back in he said it's still drove like ------ and the owner finally asked him what ------ was and Carroll told him what that meant, a 5 lb sack filled with 10 lb's of sh t. Does anybody else remember this story and what the word was? I have probably thought about this story dozens of times over the years trying to remember what the word was.

Roy

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

TA Coupe

• View Profile
I just tried doing a search and it looks like Carroll more than likely said this car drives like a blivet. The definition of it matches what he said. Should have tried this Google Search years ago

Roy

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 06:39:16 PM by TA Coupe »
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races
CS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy